Chapter 42

===========================♛===========================

"Hey," Rick kissed his daughter's forehead. Aunt Beth smiled slightly before walking away with the baby. "Hey." Rick looked at Carl for a second before hugging him. Carl didn't hug him back.

"Dad, I'm coming to Woodbury," Carl said, looking at Rick who sat on the floor. 

"Carl," Rick sighed, standing up. 

"Dad, I did my job out there. Just like all of you. Took out one of the Governor's soldiers," Carl said.

"One of his soldiers? A kid running away?" Grandpa asked.

"He could've been one of the Governor's soldiers. We don't know," I quickly tried to defend Carl.

"He stumbled across us," grandpa said.

"No, he drew on us," Carl argued.

"I'm sorry you had to do that," Rick said to Carl.

"That's what I was there for. I'm going with you," Carl said.

"Me too," I nodded.

"Rori, you're not going," Rick said as Carl walked away.

"That's not up to you," I said. 

"You're not going," grandpa chimed in. 

"If Carl is, I am too," I said, walking away before they could say anything. I followed Carl into the cellblock and to our cell. 

"You believe me right? He drew on us," Carl said.

"Of course I do. You had every reason to shoot him," I said. Carl gave me a small smile. 

"You really think that?" Carl asked. 

"I do," I nodded. 

---------

"You're not coming with," mom said firmly. 

"Why not? Carl's going!" I yelled.

"That's different. That's Rick's choice. Our choice is that you stay here. You are not going back there," dad said, siding with mom. 

"Ugh, you always side with mom! It's not fair," I huffed. 

"We're just trying to keep you safe," mom sighed.

"Safe? In this world, there is no safe. You take risks and you don't know if you're making the right choice. You could be making the wrong decision, but you at least have to try. I want to help," I said, angry tears brimming my eyes.

"For the last time, no. End of discussion," Mom said.

"I hate you! Both of you!" I screamed, stomping off to my cell. I laid in bed, bored out of my mind. 

"You know, you shouldn't say that to your parents," aunt Beth said, appearing in the cell doorway. 

"I don't need your input," I groaned, stuffing my face into my pillow.

"You never know what could happen out there. You should apologize," aunt Beth said. 

"No," I said plainly. 

"Aurora. They're your parents," aunt Beth snapped. 

"Yeah, I know," I said. I stood up and pushed past aunt Beth. She followed me outside. 

"Hey, Carl. You get scolded or something,"  I laughed seeing his angry face. When he didn't laugh along I knew he had actually gotten scolded. "Oh, sorry."

"It's alright," Carl shrugged. 

"Are my parents staying here?" I asked, seeing Daryl on his motorcycle and Rick and Michonne standing by a car. 

"Yeah, I think so,"  Carl nodded.

"Great," I  muttered.

"You get scolded, princess Aurora?" Carl teased. I smiled at him.

"Something like that," I laughed, watching Daryl, Michonne, and Rick leave.

---------

     The small group of three didn't come back until sunrise the next morning. Only they had many more people with them. Daryl went first on his Motorcycle, followed by Rick and Michonne, and then a bus. Mom and dad opened the gate and let them in before hurrying to close it. It was all the people from Woodbury. 

"What is this?" Carl asked as his dad approached us.

"Is this everybody from Woodbury?" I asked causing Rick to nod.

"They're gonna join us," Rick said. Carl looked behind us, at the people. It was nice to see people. Survivors. Carl gave the large group one last look before walking off. This world was harsh and cruel, but at least it still had some beauty left in it.

===========================♛===========================