Chapter 35

===========================♛===========================

"It doesn't look too bad, thankfully. Probably just a sprain. I'm gonna wrap it so it heals correctly. Now, let me see your wrist." Grandpa gently held my wrist in his hand. "There's just slightly bruising. Seems to have healed correctly though."

"That's good," mom nodded. Grandpa nodded and wrapped my foot. 

"She kind of has Lori's eyes, don't you think?" I heard aunt Beth ask. I looked up to see Rick holding his daughter. She was crying as Rick held her. After a few moments of her crying, Rick handed her back to aunt Beth. The baby girl was quick to stop crying once she was in aunt Beth's arms. I felt bad for Rick. She didn't seem too interested in Rick. That must hurt him, his daughter not caring about him. But, I get it. She needs a female figure.  

"Rori, I think you need to get some sleep. Carl, will you help her to your cell?" Mom asked, looking at Carl with a smirk. I wanted to tell her no but that would be too suspicious.  Carl nodded and came over to me. He didn't look at me, just swung my arm over his shoulder. I let him help me into our cell. 

     He sat me on his bed and grabbed my backpack. He handed me a change of clothes and turned around, not saying anything. I changed into the jeans and tank top he gave me. I added a flannel, too. The prison got awful cold sometimes. I scooted towards the wall and laid down. Carl leaned on the small dresser we had yet to fill. The small cell filled with silence.  

"You know, we have to talk about it sometime," Carl said, shocking me out of my thoughts. 

"Carl, your thirteen. I'm twelve. You don't love me. You just think you do because your changing," I sighed. I didn't want to admit I had a crush on him. If I did, it would just hurt me.

"But I do! I know what I want and who I like, Rori!" Carl snapped. I searched his angry face for a lie. Why couldn't he be lying about liking me? It would just make everything so much easier.

"You don't, Carl. And if you think you do, your lying to yourself," I said.

"Fine! Be too blind and stupid to see I mean what I say! I lost my mother, Rori! I don't want to lose you too!" Carl yelled loudly. I'm pretty sure the whole prison could hear us at this point.

"Carl, I don't love you!" I said. He shut up real quick.

"Okay," he mumbled and stepped out of the room.

"Carl," I sighed sitting up.

"Don't," I heard him mumble before he walked away. I sighed again, feeling guilty. I did love him. Or at least I thought I did. 

----------

I walked downstairs after a short nap. My guess was only one or two hours. When I walked down the stairs, nobody was down there. I heard voices close by. I stepped out of the cellblock and saw my group and new people. Mom looked over at me, sitting me down at a table between where she and dad stood. 

"We've been through this with Tomas, Andrew. Look what happened," Rick said looking at grandpa.

"What's going on?" I whispered to my parents.

"These people, Tyreese the black guy, Sasha the black girl,  Allen the white male with the flannel, and Ben the younger-looking white male, want to stay," mom explained quietly.

"Axel and Oscar weren't like them," Carol said.

"And where's Oscar now?" Rick asked harshly, raising his voice slightly.

"I can't be responsible," Rick shook his head at Tyreese.

"You turn us out, you are responsible," Tyreese responded.

"Rick," everybody's eyes moved to grandpa. Rick walked over and began to talk quietly to grandpa. I chewed on my nails, a nervous habit I had gotten from aunt beth. Rick sighed, paying grandpa on the shoulder before looking distant. 

"No, no, no," he muttered over and over again after looking in my direction. I looked behind me, double-checking nothing was behind me. Sure enough, there wasn't. 

"Why are you here?" Rick asked looking at the group of four. "What do you want from me?"

"Dad?" Rick walked over and stood by me.

"Why are you--No."

"Rick?" I asked. Rick staggered back.

"I can't help you! Get out!" Rick shouted suddenly, yelling at the kind group.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Tyreese said putting his hands up.

"Get out!" Rick cried, pacing around the room. 

"Hey, come on. Whoa, it's all good," Tyreese said.

"What are you doing?" Sasha asked.

"Hey, easy, Rick," mom said gently, stepping towards Rick. "There's no need to--"

"You don't belong here! Get out! Please!" Rick shouted suddenly, causing me to jump. I've never liked loud noises or fights. But I guess that's something you have to get used to in the apocalypse. Mom grabbed my arm, yanking me up, and pulled me and Carl back. I nearly fell to the ground if it weren't for Carl. He caught me before I could tumble to the floor. Rick pulled out his gun, flinging it around. Again, he looked in my direction.

"Relax, brother. Relax," Tyreese said.

"Get out! Get out!" Rick screamed.

"We'll leave. We're going," Tyreese said quickly. "Ain't nobody gotta get shot here. We're going."

"What are you doing here?!" Rick screaming, sounding like a manic. Much like Shane.

"Okay, we're going," Tyreese said. His group was quick to grab their stuff.

"Just go! Go! Go!" Dad said, rushing the people up the stairs. They left the small seating area just as quickly as they came. Dad followed to make sure they got out okay. Rick stood in the middle of the breathing heavily. I was honestly terrified of this Rick. I had never seen him like this. Sure, after Lori's death he shut down. Wen't on a killing spree but he didn't turn psycho.

===========================♛===========================