Chapter 14

===========================♛===========================

"Doesn't sound like it'd be a problem," Dave said looking a Rick.

"I'm sorry. We can't," grandpa said calmly.

"We can't take in any more," Rick backed up grandpa seeing as it was his farm. Dave shook his head and chuckled.

"You guys are something else. I thought we were friends. We got people we gotta look out for too," Dave said trying to guilt-trip us. When will he learn that we are not taking him in?

"We don't know anything about you," Rick shrugged.

"No, that's true. You don't know anything about us. You don't know what we've had to go throughout there, the things we've had to do. I bet you've had to do some of those same things yourself. Am I right?" Dave paused and stared into Rick's eyes. It was like they were having an argument through their eyes.

"Cause ain't nobody's hands clean in what's left of this world. We're all the same. Even the innocent little girl," Dave nodded at me. I straightened my posture under his gaze. "So come on, let's take a nice friendly hayride to this farm. And we'll get to know each other."

"That's not gonna happen," Rick said firmly.

"Rick-"

"This is bullshit," Tony interrupted Dave. uh oh.

"Calm down," Rick said.

"Don't tell me to calm down. Don't ever tell me to calm down," Tony said/

"Woah," dad mumbled pulling me closer to him.

"I'll shot you four assholes in the head and take your damn farm!" Tony yelled. Rick stood up and walked to Tony. They stood nose to nose.

"Woah, Woah Woah Woah. Relax!" Dave pushed them apart. "Tale ie easy. Nobody's killing anybody. Nobody's shooting anybody. Right, Rick?" Dave asked climbing over the bar. Dave took his gun and slowly placed it on the bar. 

"We're just friends having a drink. That's all," Dave said letting go of his gun. "Now where's the good stuff, huh? Good stuff, good stuff, good stuff. Let's see." Dave began to dig through the shelves under the bar for more alcohol I watching Rick carefully as he unclipped his holster. "hey, look at that. That'll work." Dave opened the bottle in his hands with a large grin.

"You gotta understand. We can't stay out there. You know what it's like," Dave said pouring himself a drink.

"Yeah, I do. But the farm is too crowded as is. I'm sorry. You'll have to keep looking," Rick shook his head at Dave.

"Keep looking. Where do you suggest we do that?" Dave asked taking a gulp of his drink.

"I don't know. I hear Nebraska's nice," Rick shrugged. Dave laughed at him. What a buffoon.