Chapter 47

===========================♛===========================

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

===========================♛===========================

When I woke up again, dad was gone. Again. I was having a coughing git, practically throwing up blood. I was on the floor too. I could only guess I had fallen off the bed when my coughing fit started. I tried to roll on my side. It was becoming hard to breathe. 

"Dad! Get in here!" My eyes were fluttering closed but I could make our mom's face. 

"Mom-" I chocked out through coughs.  

"Don't talk, baby. You're gonna be okay," Mom whispered before shouting for Grandpa again. 

"Help her onto her side! I'm coming!" I heard Grandpa yell back. My ears were ringing and I was choking on my own blood. What a great way to go out of this world. I felt mom's warm hands on my side, rolling me over. 

"Rori, breath." My eyes were barely open when grandpa put something in my mouth. I just remember air being pumped into my mouth before I passed out.

---------

After I had gained consciousness again, mom was by my side. She was gently blowing air into my mouth. When she noticed I was awake she took the thing out of my mouth. It seemed to be morning again, meaning I slept almost a full day.

"Hey, baby," she greeted.

"Mom, why are you in here? Where's dad?" I asked. 

"He's alright. How do you feel?" Mom asked.

"A little better," I said, realizing I felt way better. My body wasn't as ache, my nose was still running but not as bad, I was still freezing but not shaking. 

"Good. Daryl got the medicine in time. You're gonna be okay," mom smiled. 

"Where's dad?" I asked again. 

"Resting. Just like you should be," mom said, running her hands through my hair.

"When can I see him? And Carl?" I asked.

"In a few days. Get some sleep. I'm right here," Mom said. 

"Can you help me change first? I'm tired of wearing those clothes," I said. Mom nodded and helped me sit up.

"I'm going to get some clothes from your cell. I'll be back in a minute," Mom said. I nodded and let her walk away, leaving me with my feverish thoughts. I didn't even hear her return until she was snapping her fingers in front of my face. 

"You alright?" Mom asked, gently helping me take off my shirt. 

"Just tired," I said. I lifted my legs to let her help me take off my pants. She nodded in understanding and put my new clothes on. "You should go check on Dad."

"I'll check on him once you're asleep and safe. Don't worry about him. He's doing just fine," Mom reassured me. I smiled through heavy eyes. 

"Can I go to sleep now?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Lay down," Mom said. I moved from my sitting up position and laid down. Mom sat on the floor next to my bed, gently stroking my hair. 

"Goodnight, Mom," I mumbled before falling into a deep sleep. 

---------

The next time I woke up, Mom wasn't there. It seemed that every time I woke up my parents were gone. One thing I did notice is that I was back in my cell again. And Carl was sitting on the floor next to me.

"Carl?" I asked, sitting up. I felt much better.

"Rori! You're awake!" Carl jumped up and hugged me.

"Carl, why am I in our cell? How did I get here?" I asked, hugging him back tightly. 

"After I begged my dad to let you come back to our cell he carried you up here. Here, drink some water." Carl held a small water bottle to my lips. I took a few small sips.

"Thanks," I said and leaned away from him. "When do I get another dose of medicine?"

"Your mom already gave you another dose while you were asleep," Carl said. I nodded and laid back down.  

"Carl."

"Hm," Carl hummed in acknowledgment. 

"I'm gonna go back to sleep. Thank you for convincing Rick to bring me up here," I said. I laid down on my left side.

"Of course. I missed having you in here with me," Carl smiled. I returned his smile.

"You should go help Rick. I'm probably just gonna sleep for a while," I said. Carl nodded.

"Yeah, I might a little later. Right now I just want to stay with you," Carl said.

"Okay," I agreed. With that, I fell back into a deep sleep.

---------

"What the hell?" I groaned. It felt like the prison was shaking. I quickly got up, despite my ache limbs, and ran outside. What I saw next had me shaking all over again. No. He was here. The governor was here. He was back. And he had Grandpa and Michonne. I watched from a distance as Rick walked down our field. Everybody else stayed by the prison.

"Let 'em go right now. I'll stay down here. Talk as long as you want," Rick called out to the Governor and his army. I walked away from the safety of the prison and closer to the metal gate so I could hear better. "But you let 'em go. You got a tank. You don't need hostages."

"I do. This is just to show I'm serious. Not to blast a hole in our new home. You and your people, you have until sundown to get out of here. Or they die," the Governor said. His voice was cocky and annoying.

"Doesn't have to go down this way," Rick tried to reason.

"I got more people, more firepower. We need this prison. There it is. It's not about the past. It's about right now," the Governor said. Yeah right. This was totally still about Woodbury.

"There are children here. Some of them are sick. They won't survive," Rick said.

"I have a  tank. And I'm letting you walk away from here. What else is there to talk about?" The Governor asked with pursed lips. Rick became quiet. The air became tense and silent. I wanted to move towards Mom and Aunt beth but I couldn't. I couldn't risk being seen and they would make me go back inside. For now, I was alone. Just waiting for this to play out.

===========================♛===========================

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Survive The Apocalypse -- Carl Grimes Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें