Chapter 43

===========================♛===========================

29 days later

I was awoken by mom shaking me awake. 

"What's going on?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"It's your birthday! Here, I managed to save your dress after the farm. I gasped, suddenly very much awake.

"Really?! Thanks, mom!" I smiled and hugged her.

"Your welcome, sweetheart. Now, you get changed and come eat breakfast," mom said. I nodded. She stood up and walked out of the cell, pulling the curtain closed behind her. Carl was already gone. I changed quickly, slipping on the shoes that went with this dress. I was surprised she managed to save the dress. And it fit perfectly! I left my cell and walked downstairs. Everybody in my group was there.

"There's the birthday girl!" Aunt Beth smiled when she saw me.

"Happy birthday!" Mom said, along with everybody else.

"Thanks," I said with a bright smile.  

"Smile," dad said suddenly, whipping out a polaroid camera. My mouth fell open in shock as the bright flash hit my eyes. "Beautiful." 

"Now you're an official teenager. How does it feel?" Mom asked. 

"Ugh, don't remind me! My baby girl is growing up," dad whined playfully.

"Great! Now Carl can't complain that I'm not a teenager and that I can't do teenager things," I laughed. 

"In my defense, I don't want to hang out with somebody who's not a teenager," Carl teased playfully. I stuck my tongue out at him causing everybody to laugh.

"Well, now I'm a teenager so I can hang 

"Here, have some breakfast!" Carol said handing me a bowl of fruit and oatmeal. 

"Thanks," I said and immediately digging in. 

"Wait! Hold on!" Dad took the bowl away from me. "May I have this dance, princess Aurora?"

"Always," I said, standing up. I took his hand and he began spinning me around. My dress twirled around me like a real princess. It felt like a normal birthday. Well, besides the fact that we were having my birthday in a prison. 

-----------

"Hey, there you are! I was looking for you." I turned my head at the voice of Will, my 'boyfriend'. It's complicated. My parents, no, my mom said that we couldn't kiss. And dad awkwardly said we can't do anything that involves kissing. I was laying on the grass so he came over and pecked my nose. I burst out laughing. 

"Hey," I laughed. 

"Happy birthday," Will said, peppering my face with kisses. 

"Thanks! Stop that!" I laughed, moving my head away from his lips.