ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

IT'S BEEN FIVE FUCKING HOURS since the officers told me about my father coming to get me

IT'S BEEN FIVE FUCKING HOURS since the officers told me about my father coming to get me. During this time they gave me some snacks and water. I've been sitting in this uncomfortable chair all this time.

My ass is numb.

They left me here alone. The worst part is that these past few hours gave me time to think. And my mind is my worst enemy. I've been thinking about everything and nothing.

Why would my family leave me and then decided to take me back? If they wanted me they would have never left me at the orphanage. I don't even know if I'm grateful or angry that they left. So much happened, good and bad things.

If they didn't leave me I would have never met Javier or him. I would have never fell in love for the person I thought was the love of my life and then be left heartbroken and alone. I would have never been beated so badly that I almost died. I wouldn't be broken.

I'm angry at them. I was two years old, what would a kid do to deserve to be left alone. And don't get me started to the fact that I have brothers. BROTHERS! Why could my parents keep them and not me? Was it because I'm a girl?

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out their 'reasons', not that the 'reasons' will make any difference on my opinion on them.

I'll just stay in their house for two years and then when I turn 18 years old I'll leave. I alredy have enough money to live on my own and buy mansions and cars if I wanted to.

Just two years.

My thoughts were consuming me making me forget everything around that I failed to notice the sound of the door being opened.

When I look up I'm met with Officer Davis and Officer Garcia. Behind them were two strangers, but they looked familiar. They were patiently standing there as the officers come closer.

The older stranger looked to be in his late 40's. He has blonde hair and ice blue eyes. He is very muscular and has this authority aura. He looked like someone important.

The second man seemed to be in his early 20's. With dark brown hair, almost black, and the same ice blue eyes as the older one. He too, seemed like someone important.

I could tell that both of the officers were intimidated by the presence of the two males.

They kinda look like me. The only difference is that I have Heterochromia, and my right eye is half caramel and half ice blue while my left eye is ice blue. Not that anyone would notice since I use contacts so both of my eyes are caramel. That's something I became insecure about because people used to make fun of my eyes color and called me a 'freak'.

He always told me my eyes were beautiful, but I guess everything was a lie, like when he told he loved me.

I wouldn't let their presence make me back away, I put on my blank and cold expression back on and looked at them in the eyes, showing I'm not scared nor intimidated.

They stared at me trying to figure me out. But no one, not even me, can figure me out. They can try, like I sometimes do, but won't succeed.

"Hello, Aurora. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. This two gentlemen right here are your father and brother. I already talked to them. They will be taking you to your new house." said Officer Davis before he left with Officer Garcia. I only nodded in response and got up from the chair.

I walk pass the door wanting to get out of here as soon as possible, but stopped when realizing none of the two men were following me.

They were just standing there in some kinda of trance looking at me.

"Are we going or are you going to stand there looking at me?" I asked emotionless.

They clear their throat pulling themselves together and coming back to reality before starting to walk towards a black SUV.

As we enter the car, I notice two more black SUVs and 10 bodyguards near us trying to be discreet and failing miserably.

Umm... that's weird. I'll have to find out why so many bodyguards later.

The ride to the airport was painful silent. I don't like to talk, but this silence wasn't the comfortable type.

It was awkward and the atmosphere was tense.

"Aurora, me and your brothers are excited to have you back home. As you know we'll be going to NY where we live. When we get there it'll be dinner time so we can go straigh to the dinning room and after one of your brothers will give you a tour around the house. After that you can go to your room and unpack." he tells me hesitant. I nod in understanding as I'm not sure if I want to talk to them.

When we get to the airport I notice that we're heading to a private jet.

So they are rich, interesting. If it wasn't financial problems that resulted in me in the orphanage what was it then?

Maybe John and him were right, no one can love you. My subconscient answers.

Maybe...

I came back to reality to be blessed with the sight of the most beautiful black jet I have ever seen.

The interior of the jet was even better. It was black and gray. I sit in one of the chairs and put on my Airpods to avoid any attempt of conversation.

After a few songs, I finally decide to let my eyelids close and my mind to shut off.

--------------------------