ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28

FLASHBACKS

FLASHBACKS

Walking by the cafe near my house, I look through the window. There was a girl sitting at the table in the corner that caught my eyes. She was reading a book, alone.

She had long curly brown hair, thick eyelashes and arched eyebrows. What caught my attention was her eyes. They were captivating, one was ice blue and the other was caramel. She looked peaceful lost on the book she was reading.

She was ethereally beautiful.

I walked over and sat on the chair across from her. She didn't even spare a glance at me. Looking closely, I could see how tired she looked. She had dark circles under her eyes. But her eyes, as beautiful as they were, they had lost the light in them, they seemed dead. She looked at the book in front of her blankly.

I tried to talk to her, to know her, but she didn't want to. But I couldn't give up, something about her made me want to stay. I felt drawn to her, maybe it was love at first sigh, but maybe it was just mere curiosity.

The more I got to know her, the more drawn I felt towards her.

She was chaos and beauty. Like a rose, delicate and gentle. But she had a dark side, one that no one see, she kept it hidden. Her gentleness would distract them from it. Her thorns would protect her, because she was already hurt a lot. Yet she craved love, she wanted to be loved for her thorns not for her petals. She was beautiful yet didn't want someone to love her for her beauty but for her flaws.

You had to stay long enough to know that she is a lot more than a pretty face, she hides her pain and suffer behind a fake smile. When you think you know her, no you don't.

A month later

To say that I was nervous was an understandment. I was freaking the fuck out.

I'm on my appartment waiting Aurora to get here. It's been a month since I met her at the cafe. We've got pretty close, she got comfortable around me.