ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 36

"HELLO

"HELLO..." I awkwardly say as thirteen pairs of eyes are directly looking at my frame. I'm not intimidated but uncomfortable. I love the attention sometimes but I can guarantee you that right now is not one of those times.

"Aurora, finally you're home. We've been waiting for you for ten minutes. Please, introduce yourself to our visitors." says Ashley with a fake smile. I feel like punching her face right now.

"Hello, Aurora. I'm Jacob Armstrong. This is my wife Charlotte Armstrong and my son Ezekiel Armstrong. It's really nice to meet you." he genuinely smiles at me. His wife had a motherly grin in her lips which made my chest ache. I wish my mother was like her.

I look at Zeke and he had a mischievous smirk. I'm fucked. I met him a few weeks after me and Blake had broken up. I was on a street race trying to avoid my problems and he was my opponent. We went out to celebrate and one thing led to another, and then when I woke up it was morning, I was naked and had a hot guy beside me, which too was naked.

From then on, we would call each other whenever we felt like. No feelings involved. He would be there for me when I asked and I used him as a way to forget about my heartbreak. Which worked for a while.

As soon as John died and I had to move in with my biological family, I ghosted him. No explanation, nothing. One day I was talking to him and the other he was texting me but I wouldn't reply. I was so worried about other stuff that I didn't have the will to text him back.

"Nice to see you again Aurora." he says with his wicked smirk plastered on his face. I've never wanted to punch his handsome face this much. All of the people in the room diverted their eyes at me. My mouth forms into a thin line as I glare at him.

"Do you know each other?" asks Vincenzo perplexed. At this point he wasn't mad, but curious.

"We are..." fuck-buddies. "...friends. Right, Zeke?" he looks at me amused and I just glare at him. His bright blue eyes focused on me.