ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

6 years ago

A petite ten years old girl was playing at a park near her foster parents house alone. She was running around imagining a world where her parents were alive and loved her.

At this moment her life wasn't the best, but still, wasn't the worst either. She was living with a couple, Maria and Chris. They didn't like the girl, but were using her for money.

Meanwhile, Javier, a twelve years old boy, was passing by. He was looking at the scenery. The big green trees and the flying birds.

It's beautiful and peaceful.

He had loving parents, but sometimes wishes that they had a different line of work. He wishes he could have a normal childhood.

He wishes people would be friends with him, not be scared of him.

As the little girl, Aurora, runs from the imaginary family, the one she created in her head just so she could feel loved and wanted, she bumped into someone.

She was falling to the hard pavement. As she was about to collide with the ground two arms held her small frame.

Javier was quick to catch the little girl that had just bumped into him.

Aurora looked up through her eyelashes to be faced with a brown haired boy with the most captivating brown eyes she has ever seen.

He was taller than her and looked older. She guessed that he was two years older than her.

"Sorry." she says shyly to the boy. Her cheeks red from embarrassment.

"It's okay, just be more careful next time." he said softly at her as a small smile played in his lips. "Where are your parents?" questioned Javier worried about the girl.

As he questioned her, he noticed her demeanor change. Her eyes saddened and became glossy.

"I don't know." she answered truthfully. Her head down and her hair covering her face. The tears on her eyes threatening to fall.