ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38

(A/N - do not play the song until I say so, pretty please)

I USED TO FREQUENTLY ask myself what is love? I never thought that I would be able to answer this tricky question, but then I met her.

For some reason, I always thought of love as vulnerability, and being so, for me it was a weakness. That's until she showed me that love isn't a weakness but actually strength.

Is love perfect or easy? No, it's not.

Love was never supposed to be easy nor perfect. It will break you, shatter your heart and soul, but it will also heal past and present wounds. Love is like giving your partner/loved one, a dagger pointed at your heart, hoping that it will never pierce your skin.

I knew that hurting someone's feelings is as easy as throwing a rock in the ocean, but you never know how deep this rock will go. You never know how deep those words will pierce your skin.

There's a difference between falling in love and loving someone, most people don't know, but when you fall for someone, there's no coming back, it's like one day you're okay with the loneliness and the other you can't even imagine your life without the other person by your side.

I had her, and that's all I ever needed. But now I lost her.

I lost the love of my life, my angel, my love, my light, my dove.

I lost my everything.

And all because I can't stand the man that impregnated my mother, the man that was supposed to be my father but it's nothing more than a mere stranger that I despise with all my being.

I made her promise me she would never leave me, but in the end I was the one that left. I promised her I would never leave her, but in the end I had to break the promise.

But I had to.

Because when you're in love with someone you'll put them first, and believe it or not, that's exactly what I did.