ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35

"GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" I shot at Javier who just ran to the passenger seat of my car giving his key to whoever he saw first while running

"GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" I shot at Javier who just ran to the passenger seat of my car giving his key to whoever he saw first while running. He sits at the passenger seat as I go to the driver seat.

I start the engine and step in the gas on a quick motion not waiting for Javier to put his seatbelt on. I swerve other cars trying to get out of there before the cops can get me. I won't be arrested for a second time this month, last time I wasn't the one driving so I had no control, but now I have.

As soon as we get into a highway that thankfully wasn't busy and had only some cars, because it was too late at night, I fastened. I could hear the sirens and see the blue and red lights of the police cars mixing with the city lights.

Driving and paying attention on the road trying to escape them, my cellphone that was connected to the car Bluetooth rings. I look at the caller ID to be faced with Vincenzo's name.

Fuck.

It's early in the morning, he should be sleeping yet he's calling me, indicating that he had woken up and probably gotten into my room to be faced with an empty bed. I press the accept button as his voice immediately rings in my ears. He was mad.

"Where are you?" he asks on a deadly calm tone. I was overwhelmed yet tried to keep my calm. If I freak out I will end up locked in a cell again.

"Well, you see... I was kinda of bored and couldn't sleep so I decided to go out to a race and now I am being chased by cops. But don't worry, I have Javier by my side for support." I sheepishly tells him glancing at Javier as he was glaring at me for telling my dad he was here with me.

I hear some shouting from the other side of the phone as he was probably on speaker so my brothers could hear where I was. I could identify Giovanni and Leonardo's voices along with my father's.

"Aurora, listen to me." he starts and I nod my head forgetting we were in the phone, but I think he got that as he does not give me time to answer verbally. "You'll get out of the situation you are, then you'll come home. While you were gone, the Armstrongs, British Mafia family, were attacked and now they'll be staying with us for a while just for a precaution. They'll be here in twenty minutes and I expect you to be here by then. Do you hear me?" as he finishes another cop car appears beside me trying to make me stop. I swerve to the side successfully not letting their car collide with mine, which would probably cause an accident, they would be fine, but me and Javier wouldn't.