ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45

(A/N - please play the song when you see *)

I CLOSE MY EYES as tears threaten to spill from them. I could feel his eyes staring directly at me but had no courage to open my own. I wish I was dreaming and this was just a horrendous nightmare, and then when I wake up, I will be laying on my king sized bed. I will go downstairs to the kitchen to talk to my brothers and father and then go to school. But as the chat in the room didn't stop and a hand touches my back, I knew it was not a dream. It was all a cruel reality.

Even with the distance between us I could recognize him. He looked handsome, even if I only saw him for mere seconds I knew he looked absolutely stunning. He had a black dress shirt that was paired with black suit pants.

He always looked gorgeous no matter what he was wearing, but today he looks fabulous. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him in a very long time, but I'm sure that if the situation was a better one I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from him.

But what hurt the most was not seeing his face, but the fact that he has a girl by his side. The ache on my chest was unbearable. But I had no right to be jealous or hurt, after all we broke up. He is not my boyfriend, he is not even part of my life anymore.
He is no longer mine, the same way I'm no longer his.

I opened my eyes just in time to see him approaching me, his steps were hesitant yet eagerly. From the way he was walking towards me I knew he wanted to talk. I shake my head as my lips begin to tremble and my hands start to shake. I couldn't do this, not now, not here. I couldn't even see his face without the urge of crying.

I turn around and start to walk whichever direction takes me out of here. My dress trailed behind me like a shadow as my steps quickened. There were people chatting everywhere, I had to swerve from right to left. My shoulders sometimes brush against other people's shoulders. I could see a door a few meters away from me.

I was feeling the burning stare of my family on my back as I walked further in the room trying to reach for the door, but they were muffled by the very strong feel of Blake's eyes following my moves.