ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 37

FAMILY DINNERS are not usual at the Mariano household

FAMILY DINNERS are not usual at the Mariano household. When I first arrived they were more frequent yet always awkward and tense. As time passed by, more people stopped coming until no one came anymore and each one of us ate on a different time. Since we had visitors, dad decided it would be a great idea to have a family dinner with the Armstrongs. Which didn't surprise me at all, as he probably wants to make a good impression.

Entering the dining room, and of course I was late, everyone's attention turned to me. The chatter had stopped as all thirteen pairs of eyes turned to look at my frame. Their stare was making me uncomfortable so I awkwardly smiled at them before scanning the table trying to find a seat available. For my lucky the only one empty was between Lorenzo and...

... Ezekiel.

Now it's declared, I'm the most unlucky bitch in this world.

I make my way to the seat, cursing myself on my mind for being late. But what can I do, it's in my nature. Lorenzo kindly smiled at me while Zeke had a smirk.

Does this bitch only knows how to smirk?

I knew from the mischievous glint in his eyes that he meant no good and that I'm utterly fucked. There's no way in hell that I can escape this dinner and even worse, escape Zeke.

The chatter soon started again, as maids entered the room with the food. As I was eating quietly, not wanting to talk, I feel a hand on my thigh. The fork that was making its way to my mouth with a piece of steak, stopped midway as my eyes widened.

Please someone tell me this is not happening, not in the middle of dinner.

Zeke's hand stopped in the middle of my thigh, as he kept eating like he wasn't plainning something evil in his head, which he cleary was. I glare at him while he just innocently smiled at me.

"Aurora." Giovanni called from my father's right. "How did you and Ezekiel met?" he asks me making everyone stop talking so they could hear my answear. He looked suspicious, but also curious.