27

Xea's POV

"Thank you for the dinner"

"Thank you as well for visiting us. It'll be hard for the both of you to leave this late. It's dark and there's no light. There are numerous accidents that happened here. You two should stay the night here and leave tomorrow" old woman said

"I'm not sure but I'll talk to Hyunjin about it"

"Are you and Hyunjin a thing-" old woman

I started coughing when I heard what she asked. I know what she means about it but damn. I'm disgusted. I mean Hyunjin and I will never like each other. We can be friends but that is the only thing I can offer.

"No, we're not"

"Really? You two look good together. I even thought you two are dating, but it doesn't seem like it" she smiled at me

"I think I need to go outside. I'll talk to Hyunjin about your offer" I stood up and bowed to her and to those care taker.

I hurriedly left the orphanage and saw how dark it was, outside. It looks scary but it feels not. I mean you know when you first glanced at the place it'll look scary but you will feel like it's a home. You can feel that you are welcome here anytime. Maybe it's because it's an orphanage where everyone takes care of those who needs it.

I got out of the main gate and saw Hyunjin leaning on his car while staring at the stars. Maybe he is still bothered about what we saw earlier. I know he won't say anything nor show what he feels but it's obvious. He is bothered but I don't think he wants to talk about it.

"I am the youngest in the family"

He looked at me "What are you saying?"

"In our family, I'm the youngest, like you but we're both different. You already know why. I have this good image while you have the bad one. We may look different but we have the similar feelings when it comes to our family. Just like you, you grew up without your Mom and I know how hard it was. While me, I grew up without my Dad and my Mom died when she gave birth to me. It was hard, I never opened up  about it nor talked about it, not even to my siblings. Suzy is the one who took care of us and treated us like her real children. Jacob is the one who protected us many times. It doesn't feel empty since I have them both. But..."

"But?" Hyunjin

"The kids in here were like me. They never saw their parents, not even once. It was hard. You have this feeling of longing for someone. The Xea you see at school is different from the Xea at home. I am sweet, clingy and caring towards my siblings but when I am at school, I look strong, cold, mean and doesn't care about anyone. Those sides of me can't even do anything. I mean I am also having a hard time. There's some days I want to give up and just be free. I want to see my parents, so bad. This is crazy"

"What happened to your Dad?" Hyunjin asked

"He died when I was young"

We both have similar heartbreaking stories but we both doesn't know how to heal each other. Maybe that's why we kept depending on each other because we understand what does it feels like losing someone you love.

"Do you know what happened? Is it natural cause of death?" Hyunjin asked

Now, this is hurts even more. I saw everything and it was clear to me. I remember everything that night. I am lucky that I am even alive right now. How my Father begged and how he tried so hard to live. How he mentioned us, that he needs to live for us.

"What does your Father do?" Hyunjin asked again

"He is a detective"

Suzy said Dad is a very hardworking and treats everyone in his office like they are his family. He never gets scared of anything, nothings scares him.

"I don't even know why he even apologized to that one person when he betrayed him"

"Your Dad was betrayed?" Hyunjin asked

I nodded "Hmm. He helped him and even reminded him to take care of those who loves him. That was Suzy told me... But I did heard him apologize to that guy"

"Do you know his face?" Hyunjin asked

I looked at him and smiled "I know his face. I know him very well"

Hyunjin took a deep breath "Since you are helping me now. I will help you in return. We will find that person, we will make him pay-"

"Thank you but no. I am and my siblings are at peace. I want to make him pay but it won't bring us anything good. I can't sacrifice my siblings' safety for my selfishness"

"Then, I'll do it for you. I'll make him pay" Hyunjin offered and smiled at me

I nodded "Do as you wish. Let's go inside, the owner wants to talk to you"

Hyunjin quickly stood in front of me and looked at my eyes "Since we both know each others' weakness and story"

"What do you want?"

He reached out his hand to me "Let's help each other. Let's heal together"