59

Suzy's POV

(Night)

"Hey-"

[Come home, please]

"What's wrong with your voice?"

[I'm fine but I don't feel good seeing these boys here in our house]

"Boys? Where the fuck is Jacob?"

[He is here]

"What do you mean boys? You mean his friends?"

[Hyunjin, Felix, Hanjae, Juyeon]

"Ah. I get it now. You'll be fine-"

[Suzy!]

"I need to go. I love you!" I chuckled and quickly ended the call

I knkw what she means. She is referring to those guys who likes her. I don't blame her after all. She is gorgeous and smart, she is also responsible. I bet those reasons made those guys fall for her.

"Good evening, Ms. Bae" the security guard as I got out of the elevator

"Good evening" I smiled and continued walking to where my car was parked

As I arrived there, I saw a familiar car which I never expected to see now. I mean I want to see the person who owns the car but why do I feel so scared now? I feel like this is not the right time to talk or answer his questions.

He got out of his car "Hey"

"Hi"

"Can we talk?" he asked

I nodded and smiled "Sure"

"And I'll drive you home" he added as he opened the door of his car "If it's okay with you..."

"Yeah, it's fine" I answered and got in his car without any hesitation

Inyeop and I didn't talked to each other after he found out that I was hiding his Mom all these years. I thought his Mom talked to him not to tell anyone or don't visit him anymore in a nice way but it wasn't what I was expecting. She pretended not to remember anything and that hurt him so bad. He ended up leaving and I know he is coming back at that place for a few times without telling us. I know he is investigsting his Mom. I understand and I will always understand what he feels. He is longing for his Mom and now he saw her, it probably gave him a lot of hope.

"About your Mom?"

"Y-Yeah" he whispered as he started driving

I don't want to open up about nor speak about it. I am not the right person to answer all of his questions but I can't just ignore him. He is not going to be meet me this late without any reason. He looks desperate.

"What do you want to know?"

"How did she end up there? We thought she died?" Inyeop asked without any doubt

"When your Dad tortured your Mom after he picked her up from the orphanage she tried to hid herself, he pushed her to the cliff. They thought she died. She is not. She tried her best to survive and not asking for anyone's help. She knew, we are going to help him. She asked for our help. I know how dangerous it is not thinking about if someone is folloeing her or not, but I helped her right away. I thought of what my Father told us. He wants us to help your Mom and her children. We hid her as possible and made up a lot of plans but one of them is exposing your Father which is I did but I ended up almost being killed. I never regretted that tough, at least I tried"

"W-Why didn't you tell me? You know I will help-" Inyeop

"That's what your Mom told us. She reminded the three of us not to mention anything to you or to your siblings. As much as I want to tell you all about her, we can't. We need her to be safe and stay out of your Father's sight. We also ended up following you all, I was assigned to get updates about you and Tiffany. Xea was assigned to look out after Hyunjin while Jacob was assigned to your Father. I don't know until when she was planning to hide but believe me. She wants to take the three of you from your Father. She wants the three of you to be safe and live with her"

"This is so fucked up" he said as he suddenly parked the car at the side "Why does she have to pretend not to know me? It hurts"

"I know but she wants you to stay away from her as much as possible. She missed you and she wants to see you. She was so happy to see again and you don't know how eager she was to hug you. You should trust her and her plans. Just don't go back there and you can ask for my updates about her. You can always talk to her through phone calls. Let's just wait for the right time and everything will be fine"

He stayed quiet and still staring at the road.

"I'm sorry for keeping it as a secret. I just want to protect your Mom like what you wanted. I thought that was the best choice. I am really sorry"

He nodded and rest his head on the headboard "I apologize for ignoring you. I just needed some time to process about what I find out. Everything stressed me so much"

"It's okay. I understand-"

"Promise me one thing" Inyeop

I nodded.

"Don't put yourself in trouble, again. I can't lose you" he whispered