34

Tiffany's POV

I parked the car in front of the house and entered. I saw the maids cleaning the house. Father is probably at home that's why they are still working.

"You all may rest now"

They all hesitated but bowed to me and stopped what they were doing. I hate how this house has a lot of people but still feels empty. I tried to approach the maids and treat them like our real family but they kept putting lines in between which means my Father will get mad at them if ever I continued doing such.

"Your Father wants you in his office" his secretary said as she went downstairs while carrying a brief case and her lipstick is a little bit smudged

I blocked her way and wiped the smudge "How much he pays you? To smudge your lipstick like that?"

She glared at me "You don't care. You are just her daughter. Get out of my way"

"Bitch" I smiled at her and went upstairs, leaving her annoyed. I went straight to my Father's office and entered. I saw him sitting on his swivel chair, and his suit is still fine. He probably fixed himself when he heard my car "You called me?"

"What's the update?" he asked while writing something on the folder

"We lost a lot of employees due to the sudden decrease of our salary. We're trying our best for the company not to close and find a better idea-"

He threw the paper "Don't you know?! That Bae Suzy's company has increased its rating and became popular! She is known to be the youngest rich CEO! You are so useless"

"I'm trying my best, Father. I won't let you down"

I don't know why he kept blaming me. He is the one who put down the company when he did such crimes and passed it to me. He is hoping that the company will do better if I have it but it didn't even improved. We kept losing rates every month which is crazy while the other company kept increasing the rates.

He took a deep breath and annoyingly closed the folder "What's the relationship between Xea and Hyunjin?"

"Huh?"

"Are they in a relationship? Is something going on between them?" he asked

"I'm not sure but Xea doesn't like him, same goes with Hyunjin"

"Do you know that your brother went to the orphanage? Sunday morning, he stayed there until Monday morning. He is probably investigating or asking about me. Do you know about it?" Father

"I don't know about it. Hyunjin and I were not sharing secrets to each other"

"Ever since that girl, Bae Xea, became close to Hyunjin. He suddenly wants to push investigating about me which he never did before. I wonder what she did to him" Father asked and I can feel him getting mad "She should be taught a lesson, don't you think, Tiffany?"

"U-Uh..."

"She gave Hyunjin a motivation to investigate me. She should know what she is doing and I hope she is not going to step back if ever I fought back. She doesn't know who I am" Father

"I'll talk to-"

"How about make her quiet for the rest of her life- No. Let's just kill her" Father

I almost drop my phone when I heard his plan. I know him. I know my Father. If he wants to, he will. He is not joking. Fuck. I have to do something. I can't let anyone be involved. Not again.

I bowed "I have to rest. Have a good night" I left his office and closed the door quickly.

Inyeop has to know about this.

I went to his room and knocked a lot of times but he is not answering. I opened it and saw him playing on his phone. I locked the door and took his phone quickly.

"What the hell?" Inyeop looked at me

"Take Hyunjin away from Xea. Do everything you can. Threaten him, take him somewhere far away, anything. Just take him away from Xea. They can't be together"

"What's wrong with you? Why are you suddenly deciding? You know Xea is the only one who changed Hyunjin for all the years. Don't you want him to be happy? He is finally smiling and depending on someone for the first time. He is happy as fuck and I can't take that away from him. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna let you-" Inyeop

"You don't understand!"

"Can't you tell me what's going on at least?" he asked worriedly

"Y-You remember when Suzy got almost killed by Father when he found out about your relationship with her? When she tried to expose Father for what he did? Don't you remember? Inyeop..." I whispered and tears started falling from my eyes but I'm keeping it quiet "I'm scared that Father will do the same to Xea. I want Hyunjin to be happy but I can't let Father do something to Xea before it's too late. Please, we have to do this"

He hugged me tight and caress my back "Calm down, okay? Tell me what's going on. Don't bring up what happened before. Just tell me what you know"

I let go of his hug "Xea and Hyunjin were trying to expose Father. He found out about their plan-"

"Just fucking tell me" he whispered

"Father wants to kill Xea"