01 | Café

- Chapter 01 -

Café

That day was moody.

The rain was falling freely on the road, making it slippery and hard to step on, while the booming thunder noises were making things worst. Kuroko disliked bad weather- in fact, he despised it. Snuggling deeper in his warm bed sheets, he waited until the wanted webpage was loaded and the plain orange layout greeted him as usual. He skimmed through fans' messages in his notifications and stopped only when he caught sight of a new message from the thread he was participating in. Kuroko clicked on the thread and waited until the page was loaded.

The blue-haired male took a sip from his vanilla milkshake he had previously bought from Magi Burger and watched the new messages popping in front of his eyes. Beginning his usual routine, he began reading the tons of messages other users had left in the thread of the Café. Usually, he wasn't getting noticed because he was leaving small and little amount of replies in certain topics but he was overall enjoying reading the pieces of advice and conversations in between persons from all over the world. It was relaxing- for him, at least.

Once he had read the latest message, his eyes widened slightly. He read it all over again in order to confirm the announcement.

'This thread will be closed from now on due to certain complications which occurred last night, 11:35 p.m. We instruct each member of this thread to post an 'understood' message if they have read this announcement and remove this thread from their conversations in the Café. Thank you.'

Kuroko couldn't believe in his own eyes. The thread he had participated in for one month was now closing for no specific reason given towards the curious ones. He pressed the F5 key on the keyboard and watched as one by one, all the members of this thread sent the confirming message to the leader of the group and left for good. The process went like that for ten minutes until no one was left back. They had all abandoned it.

The phantom man stared with shock at the computer screen before exiting the threads. He needed to make himself busy with something else for him to forget about it. His news feed was full of messages and recommendations from Wattpad; he had never been following anyone on the site because he wasn't finding any kind of interest in the books of the site. Time ticked by and he was ready to leave the webpage but something in the back of his mind reminded him to check his notifications.

"Huh?"

In his notifications, on the top, there was a sole message from the closed thread which was actually tagging his name. Curiousness was eating him alive and so he decided to check on the message. Clicking it once, he was sent back in the thread where he found himself reading the message.

'@TheBluePhantom It's only me and you right now, huh?'

Kuroko glanced at the ID of the user- InsomniacAuthor. Their picture was consisting from a simple Tumblr-edited photo of a breathtaking scenery and under the profile picture, there was the date of her joining in Wattpad. With surprise did the male discover that the user had created their account two weeks ago. How would it be possible for them to know about his existence in this thread out of the hundreds of members of the group?

Kuroko was ready to reply to the user before realizing that there was another message after the last one which puzzled him quite unexpectedly. His blue eyes stared at it intensively and he tried to process the situation he was in.

'@TheBluePhantom Do you still want to be friends with me? :)'