14 | Eden's End

- Chapter 14 -

Eden's End

Offline.

Kuroko propped his chin on his hand after checking Ino's profile for the umpteenth time in this week. The girl hadn't logged in for six days and it was unusual for her, moreover worrying for her. She had missed logging in one day in the past but she had never missed logging in for six continuous days. Not to mention that Kuroko had spammed her inbox by sending her a text per day, hoping that the number of texts in her inbox would make her come back on and make her give some explanations.

Maybe she went on a trip with no wi-fi, thought the male to himself as he rolled a pen in his hands. Or maybe her wi-fi got cut off.

Millions of thoughts were buzzing in Kuroko's mind before a red notification with '1' written on it popped besides his inbox. He was frozen in his spot for a moment before rushing to open up the message he hoped was from his friend; he wasn't wrong.

InsomniacAuthor (30 seconds ago): Hey

TheBluePhantom: Where were you???

InsomniacAuthor: Wow, these are a lot of question marks and that's rude, you didn't 'hey' me back.

TheBluePhantom: Ino.

InsomniacAuthor: Pft, fine. I'm sorry for disappearing for days, won't happen again, mom.

TheBluePhantom: You're a bigger idiot than Kagami-kun. What happened?

InsomniacAuthor: Stuff.

TheBluePhantom: You don't want to tell me?

InsomniacAuthor: It's . . . family stuff. Not up to it.

TheBluePhantom: You still owe me an explanation for disappearing for so many days and making me worry.

InsomniacAuthor: Well guess what! I NEVER TOLD YOU TO WORRY OVER ME AND I OWE YOU NO GODDAMN EXPLANATION. I SAID IM NOT UP TO IT SO STFU. HONESTLY, SHUT UP. YOURE ONLY BRINGING MORE STRESS OVER ME. FUCK OFF.

Kuroko's hands floated above the keyboard, his eyes stuck on her message. His breath and anything he wanted to say was stuck in his throat, nothing able to come out. He was frozen, truly, in a confused and irritated state.

Nigou's barks woke Kuroko from his non-communicating state, making his head jolt and his hands to fall on his desk. Glancing hurriedly at Nigou, he turned his attention back on the last message she had sent to him before logging off. All he could do was sigh and let his head fall on his defeated hands.

I messed it up. Why? Why am I . . . Why am I messing up everything I do? What am I even thinking about right now?

"Ugh," groaned Kuroko before starting to play again with his pen. His instinct a few days ago was true because something bad had happened to Ino. And he could see only one way out of this.

TheBluePhantom (a moment ago): Let's meet up.