05 | Anonymity

- Chapter 05 -

Anonymity

Kagami eyed carefully his friend who hadn't exchanged a word with him besides 'good morning'. Since they had left his house, he had been lost in the pages of the book he was always carrying around with him. Kagami was pondering whether to attack him with the questions he had collected through the year about the book but decided to keep in silence for the time being.

The two of them entered class just a second before the bell rang and sat in their usual seats. Kagami waited with boredom the homeroom teacher to come inside and make everybody else to sit down.

Mustering up most of his courage, Kagami turned around quickly, deciding to ask him about the mysterious book, "Hey, Kurok-"

No sooner had he turned around, his hand unfortunately hit the book the phantom was still holding and it fell on the ground. Both stayed silent until Kagami began mentally panicking. Kuroko's usual emotionless facade had opened and it had revealed a slight surprise, a small widening of his eyes.

He's going to kill me! was all the panicked Kagami could think as he felt a cornucopia of sweat already forming on his body.

In order to fix that action of his, he bent down to pick up the book. When he managed to catch it, something slipped off its pages. Kagami stared at it. And practically drowned his urge to scream.

The light blue device was laying on the ground, opened in an unknown to him page which was clearly showing a text. Kagami was too shocked to even react anymore. All this time, Kuroko hadn't finished "reading" his book for that reason; he had been hiding his phone in there all along!

Kuroko leaned down and grabbed his phone, hiding it immediately under his desk. Then, he proceeded snatching his book away from Kagami and placing it back in his bag while taking out his textbook. When their eyes met again, Kagami felt something tugging on his palm, like a hallunication. But it really was something.

A small rolled piece of paper was pushed to him by Kuroko and when he opened it, he felt his world collapsing around him.

Tell this to anyone and I'll kill you.

- Kuroko Tetsuya

▀ ▀ ▀

Kuroko was already regretting sending to Kagami this humorous -for him- message, due to the fact that he was being stared weirdly by his friend. But he couldn't help it; his secret had been exposed to the person closest to him and he had to keep it safe from now on.

When the teacher turned his attention back to the blackboard, Kuroko slipped up his phone and entered his inbox which had been left untouched since last night. He opened the first message suited in his newest messages and began reading it.

InsomniacAuthor (8 hours ago): Hm. . . What's your name then? Because I need to call you with a "name" or something.

Kuroko tore his eyes off the screen and began observing the wooden cover of his desk, like an idea would suddenly pop out of it. He could make up a fake name but he was sure he wasn't going to remember it afterwards.

TheBluePhantom: I can't tell you my real one but I can't tell you my penname either because I don't have one.

As if on cue, a new message came from the user seconds later.

InsomniacAuthor: Hm. . . I know! I will call you Ao, since it means "blue" in my language. Ao-san, sounds nice ʕु•̫͡•ʔु ✧

TheBluePhantom: It sounds nice, indeed. What shall I call you, then?

Kuroko closed his phone and slid it back in his pocket since the teacher had continued analyzing the text from the book. He began writing down some notes but he couldn't keep his mind off the last messages. InsomniacAuthor was Japanese since she had used both the japanese word for "blue" and had added a honorific to it. A small hope for the person being known to him filled Kuroko but it soon vanished when he reassured himself that this was one chance in a million.

Not being able to restrain himself anymore, he opened his phone again and read the new message from the user.

InsomniacAuthor (2 minutes ago): You can call me Ino!

TheBluePhantom: Oh. Is that your name?

InsomniacAuthor: Nope, I just made it up! I took out some letters from my username and this was born!

For example: InsomniacAuthor
                            In o

See? ʕु-̫͡-ʔु"

TheBluePhantom: Ino it is, then.

Kuroko couldn't help but feel a small twitching of his lips. He was getting more excited than he should, adding a tint of happiness in his mood. His anonymity had stayed yet he hadn't pushed her away.