06 | Stories

- Chapter 06 -

Stories

Kuroko clicked on the Spell Checker button and waited for his slow internet connection to mark the wrong words with the red line. Once the blur was erased from his text, he began scrolling down in order to find any major mistakes. Surprisingly, he realized that the only "wrong" words were his characters' names and not any proper words. For once, he had proved to himself how good he could actually write without any help.

Making a fast check over his text, he clicked the "Save & Publish" button and waited for the white label to appear on his screen. With a last click on the "Publish" option, he was lead to another page where his newly published story part was shown to him.

A small smile found its way up to his lips as he stared with pride at his new achievement, feeling accomplished. That feeling was coming up to the surface every time he was publishing each part of his story or when he was receiving a new comment of praise. Even if there were at least 100 comments in each part, he was reading and appreciating every single one of them. Even the silly and funny inline comments. They were surely lifting up his mood.

"Are you hungry, Nigou?" he asked as soon as he felt a small push to his side, realizing without any further search that his cherished puppy was the one bugging him.

Nigou made a tiny, whiny sound which was received as an affirmative response and the blue phantom hopped off his bed. The dog followed him eagerly until they reached the kitchen. Kuroko brought out a bag which was containing his puppy's food and emptied it in a small bowl which was placed in front of Nigou.

Once the dog had dug in, Kuroko rushed back to his room where he plopped on his bed and pulled the laptop on his lap. He refreshed the main page immediately and checked on his notifications.

ShirayukiEru voted on Chapter 15

2 minutes ago 14 more like this

Overtaken by his surprise, he left his finger on the incorporated mouse and stared at the screen. Swallowing a huge breath, he scrolled down and noticed some more new votes on his previous parts by a certain individual. And they were reaching the latest chapter in an excessive speed.

The latest notification was signalling how close she really was to the new chapter.

InsomniacAuthor voted on Chapter 11

Ino voted on my story . . . Ino voted on my story, Kuroko kept repeating in his mind, trying to process what had just happened. Kuroko refreshed the page countless of times until her votes had reached the chapter he had uploaded minutes ago. He was overally surprised, mostly because his chapters were huge and anyone would need at least two or three hours to complete their reading spree. However, she had managed to accomplish that in less than one hour.

Kuroko clicked on the inbox option and found himself typing a message to her.

TheBluePhantom: Thank you for voting for my story. I have to ask though, how did you manage to read it so fast, non-stop?

In less than a minute later, a new message was waiting for him in his inbox.

InsomniacAuthor: Eh? Me? I have to admit, it was hard for me to read such big chapters but the plot had me completely amazed and thus, I managed to read all of it! ヽ(^。^)丿

TheBluePhantom: You seem like a fast reader.

InsomniacAuthor: (/ω\) Why thank you!

Kuroko clicked on her icon and found himself on her profile. The only book she had published was a completed part which was titled as "20 Facts About Me". He recalled seeing this challenge going around on Wattpad for a while before it died out and was left to the side. He took a glance of her bio and the last words plastered a serious expression on his face.

"I will write something only if enough people want me to."

Without sparing any other glance on her profile, he went back to their chatbox and composed a new message, his emotions being all over the place.

TheBluePhantom: Why haven't you written anything yet?

InsomniacAuthor: I don't have any good ideas to begin with, so . . .

TheBluePhantom: What do you mean by the last line of you bio, then?

Kuroko was more nervous than he should be. He was crossing the limit by his weird questions, threatening his first real Internet interaction with another person. But he couldn't help it, he was truly curious about that Ino girl.

He set his eyes upon the new message which had arrived to their chat and pondered over what to send after that.

IncomniacAuthor: What it says. I will only write something if people want me to. I think it's simple enough so anyone can understand it.

Her message tone seemed slightly serious and hostile against him but he decided to give it a shot and try out what he had in mind.

TheBluePhantom: I don't think you should rely on everyone but yourself . . .

InsomniacAuthor: What do you mean?

TheBluePhantom: I think that if you want to write something, just do it. You shouldn't wait for the approval of the others or for their opinion on what you have in mind. You should write your ideas in a piece of paper and watch them as they take the shape of a story. Your first story may be bad but that shouldn't let you down. It should be the signal which will trigger you to write more and more until you'll be recognised as an author. Because that's what this site is about, right? Not only reading other people's ideas and plot lines. Constructing and writing your own too.

Kuroko had to double-check his message before sending it and sitting on his seat with his eyes completely focused on his screen. He noticed that she was typing but he needed to know her answer to this immediately. As an experienced Wattpad writer, he was feeling responsible to help people get in the spirit of writing. After all, fresh-baked ideas were working the best most of the times.

InsomniacAuthor: I don't know if I can do it, to be honest with you.

TheBluePhantom: All I need to know is whether you want to publish a story on here or not.

InsomniacAuthor: Yes.

TheBluePhantom: Are you sure you want to do this?

InsomniacAuthor: Of course!

TheBluePhantom: Do you have any ideas?

InsomniacAuthor: Countless.

TheBluePhantom: Will you publish it anytime soon?

InsomniacAuthor: First thing tomorrow morning.

A small smile found its shape and form on Kuroko's lips as he typed his last reply for this day. Plus, he didn't regret putting the small emoticon in the end of his sentence.

TheBluePhantom: Tomorrow it is :)