07 | All-nighters

- Chapter 07 -

All-nighters

Kuroko had never neglected Wattpad so much. Due to a project he had to finish until tomorrow, he had spent the last two days in front of his desk with a pile of papers and collages being scattered around his workplace.

Almost 10 p.m. on Sunday, he was almost sure he had given up. He had to print the chunks of text he had written for the project and glue them on a collage paper or an announcement board he had bought from a toy store. After that, he had to outline them with colorful markers and place some fancy pictures around it. It didn't sound so hard- that was only if someone wasn't exhausted as hell for the past two days.

I will do this in one hour, the phantom voiced in his thoughts as he let the printer give him his project in solid form. He was sure he could get away with a new deadline but he wanted to keep a good relationship between him and his literature teacher. Therefore, he decided to pull an all-nighter for this project only.

"I can relax with . . ." Wattpad.

Kuroko dragged his laptop down on him on the floor, not really caring whether it had accidentally hit somewhere. He did the required stuff and was soon online on his favorite site of all times. Even if the new design was getting on his nerves, he would never abandon the site which offered him an escape route from reality. No matter whether he'd find where in the world his notifications were or not, he'd still love it.

After managing to find his notifications which were under the inbox option, he began roaming and thanking some persons who had commented on his newest chapter. He was really grateful of having them as his readers because most of them expressed their true opinions and helped him become a better author.

A message, Kuroko voiced in his thoughts as he clicked on his inbox and opened the new message which was from no one else than Ino.

InsomniacAuthor (2 days ago): I managed to publish my story. I hope you like it, if you're planning on reading it :)

Kuroko got confused for a moment before remembering her promise to publish her first ever story on this site. Without messaging back, he clicked on her icon and was immediately sent to her profile. The story was displayed right in front of him; dark cover and bold letters announcing him the title of it.

"The Bully Project," Kuroko read out-loud and curiously clicked on the story. He was curious as to what its contents were and was ready to give it a proper review in case of many mistakes. He wanted to help her improvise, after all.

. . . . .

Kuroko finished writing his review and began re-reading it to correct any mistakes he had made on his way or to add something. The chapter was short but it was somehow intriguing- the protagonist was unnamed and they were narrating the story but it wasn't hard to guess the gender of the protagonist. Her writing style was simple yet it had one mistake which had bothered him to no end. The difference between "your" and "you're". She had made that mistake quite a few times and it was putting him off.

A few moments after posting his review on her chapter, he received another private message from her.

InsomniacAuthor: Thank you for taking your time to read and review my story! It is an honor, really :')

Kuroko grinned softly at the emoticon at the end of her sentence and decided to talk to her for a while- it wouldn't hurt him either way.

TheBluePhantom: It wasn't s problem, to be honest. It was a pleasant break from my school project.

InsomniacAuthor: School project?

TheBluePhantom: For my literature class tomorrow.

InsomniacAuthor: Oh, I see! Good luck with that! :D

TheBluePhantom: Thank you.

InsomniacAuthor: Do you think you could explain to me better the difference between "your" and "you're"? I didn't quite understand it in the comments so I was wondering if you could . . . Sorry for the bother!

Kuroko was ready to type an explanation concerning that but stopped when a large yawn left his mouth. He was too tired and he hadn't even noticed after messaging that person for so long. He simply googled it and sent her the first article he found about it to her by copying and pasting it.

InsomniacAuthor: Thank you for the help!

TheBluePhantom: No problem, Ino.

InsomniacAuthor: Oh my god, you called me by my pen name (=゚ω゚)ノ

TheBluePhantom: Why should I? Does it sound weird?

InsomniacAuthor: Nope, it sounds nice :)

Kuroko felt a tint of happiness inside of him upon her reply- may it was his sleepiness, may it was his mood, he still felt happy. After dazing off for a few moments, he looked back on the screen only to see a newly-arrived message from her.

InsomniacAuthor: It is nearly midnight here so . . . Goodnight! ♪(v^_^)v

TheBluePhantom: Goodnight :)

Kuroko closed his laptop after checking his notifications for once more and placed it in its usual place. He took the papers of his project out of the printer and sat on the floor, colorful crayons and a hard paper in front of him, ready to be transformed in an actual project. Once he had lied on the floor to crop the information in panels, his eyelids dropped and he slowly placed his head on the floor, his dreams welcoming him again.

In the end, the project was left unfinished.