11 | Through the glass

- Chapter 11 -

Through the glass

Kuroko took the last sip of his vanilla milkshake and glanced for the umpteenth time on his computer screen. It was the day Ino and him were going to make a Skype call to see each other. For him, seeing her even through the glass was enough for him. Of course he wanted to see her in real life but it wasn't possible at the moment.

The sound of the incoming video call alerted him and Kuroko dragged his mouse over the green button on his screen. He pressed it and after a few moments of Skype lagging like always, he could see himself in the corner of his computer while Ino's camera site was opened right in the center of his screen. He expected to see the girl in front of him but all he could see was a large teddy bear facing him instead.

"Uh . . . Hi?" he mumbled, perplexed as for what reason the teddy bear was there.

A sudden message popped from under the video call, "I'm so shy I'm sorry aaaaahhh-"

"Are you behind the teddy bear?"

". . . yeah."

"I don't bite. Come out and talk to me."

"I can't come out I'm sorry!"

"Then talk."

A sigh was emitted from the other side and Ino cleared her throat, waving her hand from behind the large fluff ball, "H-Hello."

Kuroko blinked twice at his screen, "Why are you so embarrassed to appear in front of me?"

"No reason in specific! Haha."

"Ino."

The girl groaned behind her cover, "Ah, fuck, okay. I just woke up and look like shit."

"Uh . . . So what?"

" . . . Are you an idiot?"

"Certainly not a bigger one than you."

"Rude!"

Kuroko rolled his bright blue eyes and propped his chin on his palm, "If we were to meet up, would you hide behind a plant? Is this what you're saying?"

"Most certainly."

"I'll hang up-"

"No, no, no, no! Just . . . Wait here, god."

Kuroko took a jelly bear out of a plastic bag and started chewing on it, waiting for the girl to come back in front of the camera again. Two jelly bears after, the girl was finally revealed in front of him. Black hair reaching the middle of her neck, a creamy complexion popping in comparison to her dark clothing and . . . hands hiding her face?

"That's better than nothing, I guess."

"You're so pretty compared to me, how am I supposed to reveal my monkey face to you?"

"At least it's not a monkey butt face."

"Cruel!"

"You're behaving like Kagami-kun when he's in front of Nigou."

"What . . . ?"

Kuroko grinned slightly at the remembrance of his friend shaking in fear upon seeing the tiny dog for the first time and shook his head, "Nothing."

Ino sighed, "Jeez, okay."

The girl removed her hands from her face which was as red as hell, avoiding to make eye contact with her screen. She puffed her cheeks in order not to laugh out of pure nervousness, "There."

Kuroko simply shrugged his shoulders, "Alright. What do you want to talk about?"

"About how cruel your comments are!"

"At least they're truthful."

The girl sighed in annoyance and flicked her screen, "I'd so beat you up if I were there." She crossed her hands in front of her non-existent chest, "Did you . . . see the new Wattpad layout update?"

Kuroko couldn't help but make a face when that topic was brought up, "This is the second most awful thing that has ever happened after Magi Burger removed the vanilla-chocolate milkshake mix from their menu."

"Uh-oh, seems like someone got butthurt because of a damn milkshake."

" . . . I'll block you."

"Hey, no!"

Awkward silence filled the chat for a moment before Ino started giggling like a madman, falling behind and momentarily disappearing from the screen. Kuroko predicted it was going to be a good night. 

And god, was he right.

//it was a tad tiny for a decent chapter but oh well. dedicated to one of the peeps I miss the most <3