Extended summary

In the city of Rivendell, there is a warrior known for her skill and grace in combat and by the rare color of her eyes

In the city of Rivendell, there is a warrior known for her skill and grace in combat and by the rare color of her eyes. Mantheniel, who had also been called "flame of the dragon" had spent her life training to become a warrior to protect the people she loved. Haunted by the past -despite her name and reputation, she had a fear for fire; for her city had burned to ash when she was a child. The fire took the lives of all those she loved. She had been found by Lord Ellithoir, the captain of the Kings guard of Rivendell.

With Lord Elrond's help, she had found a new home in Rivendell working under the watchful eye of Elrond and trained with Ellithior. Almost two centuries have passed, before she was named second in command by Lord Elrond himself. By then, everyone knew of the flaming haired Elleth who survived dragon fire.

Her life spirals into darkness when Ellithior is killed in battle and she is made captain. As captain, she had trained herself to have little or no emotion for anyone except for no one but Lord Elrond, his children, Lord Ellithior's widow and their daughter, Turwathiel for she could not bear the pain of losing someone she cared for again.

But when she is given the task to go to the City of Dale, she passes by Mirkwood where she was welcomed as a guest. She meets the Elven king and tried to deny the attraction she had felt for him for it simply was not 'possible.' She leaves the kingdom, thinking that she would never have to see the King again and finishes her task quickly so that she could go back to Rivendell where she is given another task; to accompany their guest, a prince from the Woodland realm, back to his home where things take an unexpected turn, making her stay longer than she had planned.

Here is a spotify playlist for dragon fire: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3FyrJ64H53EvEPnX2E6tYj?si=abbce1b7266b4932