Chapter: 33 Emotions

Authors note: tanananaaaaaa! New POV! To understand the flow of the story better and all the characters. This chapter is what you could call a "breather". Lets all just inhale and exhale and giggle.

Lindethiels POV

The creature stands before me, its stench filling my lungs. My nose scrunches as I take in a breath. It laughs a horrid laugh, making me cringe. A presence crouches beside me. The smell of wet earth and mint invading my lungs.

"Must we really do this?" He asks, he had been trying to convince me to turn around the moment we left the palace borders. I roll my eyes at him, disbelieving.

"Really, Falasdir. If I had known you were just going to complain the whole time I would not have invited you." I snap at him, my voice low as to not disturb our prey.

"I really could not have let you go alone, and besides, it was a fairly good idea until you decided that we hunt an orc camp. Lady Lindethiel, do you not see how many they are?" My eyes twitch at his formality. Nobody ever calls me lady. My annoyance grew as I meet his dark eyes, the moon casting an eerie pale glow on them.

"If you are afraid, you can stand back and watch. Though that would prove your coming with me useless."

His dark eyes watch me for a moment before he looks down with a soft shake of his head. I hear him let out a chuckle, making my eyebrow arch up. What was it that he found so amusing?

"No wonder you and Mantheniel get along so well." He says after a while. I shake my head at him before focusing back on the orc camp not a few feet away from us. There numbers were a few, me and Mantheniel could handle them with ease. He fell silent beside me and I take a few moments before I turn to look at him. His eyes were glued on me, his thoughts impenetrable but visible in his eyes. He was studying me? I feel a soft tug in my chest and I let out a huff. Before the heat could rise to my neck I get up almost instantly causing him to back up in surprise.

"Well, if you are not going to fight with me then just sit back and enjoy the show." I state, completely aware of the fact that I had just felt nervous under his gaze. I hear him let out a tired breath as he picks himself up, dusting the dirt off his backside. I wait no longer as an orc steps close enough for me to slice off its head in one swift motion. Its body falls to the ground, causing every other orc in the camp to look at it. Eyes wide. I smile as I drop the head and step out of the shadows. Some of the orcs were surprised, some smiled.

"Hello. Mind if I join you?" I tease, wiping the blood on my sword off with the sleeve of my shirt. Like a signal, all of them charge at me. I prepare my stance as an arrow flies directly hitting an orc charging at me. I did not turn for I knew Falasdir had stepped out of the shadows as well. I knew he would be shaking his head at me if I looked at him right now. I let a smirk slide on my lips before the silent night was filled with clashing of metals and screams of pain.

-----

We head back to the palace. The silence of the forest making me believe we were the only ones alive in this darkened place. Falasdir walks quietly beside me, his eyes never leaving the path we were on. He was the first to speak, breaking the stillness around us.

"Do you fight to forget or to understand?" His tone was light but there was seriousness in them. I squint my eyes at him, his usual dark brown hair was black under the night sky. I decided to answer him honestly.

"Both. I guess."

"What is it that you wish to forget? Or understand... if you do not mind me asking. " He turns to look at me then, the sincerity in his voice causing me to avert my gaze. The image of Mantheniel and her scars comes into mind. The fact that I could not help her filled me with such dread. The thought of losing her was enough pain already. I had not known of her scars or her past, and of the burden she had carried. She had never shown me weakness. She was older than I, being old enough to carry me when I was a but an infant. She had told me the story many times, as I grew up and she never seemed to age. She was still a soldier, second in command. When she had found me. My father had died in a war, my mother was a mortal who could not survive my conception. I was alone and she took me in but being as young as she was, she could not take care of me so she gave me to a couple who could not have a child but wanted one. I grew up in Rivendell and watched her, she had given me my first sword. I smile at the thought. She never really was a mother figure to me, she had always been just a friend. Now, the best of all my friends. Not saying that I had a lot. I guess I wanted to forget her horrid scars for that is what she would want. For me to not worry about her, but alas I always do.