Chapter 51: The Fire Within

Mantheniels POV

They bounded me and dragged me towards what looked like the main room of the fortress. I glance behind me to see Elunir getting dragged as well. My heart was racing and I felt fear in the bottom of my stomach, already clawing its way up my throat. I had no idea what to do and could not even think of doing anything at the moment.

I strain to hear any sign that Elunir was still awake. Still alive. But I could not hear anything but the drumroll in my chest and the sound of heavy footsteps and metal. The orc dragging me then threw me on the floor. My face hits the marbled floor with a sound and I scream in pain. I blink a few times to adjust to the sudden hit when a pair of boots stand in front of me. I force my head to look up and find a hooded figure. He had my swords in his hands. One of which was Thranduil's. We had exchanged one of our swords before he marched into battle. Another promise of some sort which I agreed to to ease his worries.

He would never forgive me for this. But what was I supposed to do? Tauriel needed help and I could not endanger Turwaithiel any longer. I swallow my nervousness as I strain to breathe. The air around us was thick and dark, almost suffocating.

The hooded figure then examines Thranduil's sword before glancing down briefly at me.

"Pull her up, I want to be able to talk to her face to face." He orders and I still could not put a face in his voice.

One of the orcs pull me up, roughly, as I staggered and swayed. An arrow had struck me in the thigh while an orc blade managed to cut through my waist, tearing a bit of skin off in the process. I wince in pain as I try to stand straight, following the movements of the hooded figure with my eyes.

"Why the confused expression? Do you not know me?" He asks as he plays the two swords on a circular table in the middle of the room.

"I do not remember people by their voices but by their face. Although, I really do not think I would know someone as foul as you and let you live another day." I spat and he lets out a dark chuckle, causing a slight shiver in me. It was menacing and it echoed through the dark walls of the chamber.

"Of course you would not remember. You had been unconscious after all." He then says causing my brows to furrow. The rope that bounded my hands were tight that they managed to graze my skin and burn them even though I had not even made any slight movements. I continue to glare at him as he faces away and makes a motion of pulling his hood back. From the back, all I could see was that he had dark hair and pointed ears. An elf?

When he turns around to face me, he had an unnerving smirk on his face and a deep jagged scar on the corner of his mouth.

"Horrible, is it not?" He asks, aware that I had been staring at his scar. One of his hands fly to it and his fingers grazes it in a caress as his eyes travel upwards to the ceiling. I glance up as well and see a small opening at the top. Bird like creatures nestled on the corners of the opening, like hawks watching their prey. I glance down again and lock eyes with dark ones as he puts his hand down and smiles at me.

"It happened long ago. You might be wondering why it has not healed. I am an elf after all." He starts and my eyes dart towards Elunirs unmoving figure.

"You see, I was still a boy of some sort. I walked along the town, our town if you did not know, when I came across something peculiar. A drow elf. Your mother." He states, pacing as he talks.

"She was in the forest, that separated our town from the rest. I walked slowly, not wanting to draw attention to myself since your mother seemed to be focused on something."

"She had her back to me so I couldn't really see what she was doing until I heard a scream. Like a child."

"I was terrified. I never liked her, you see. Drow elf. She creeped me out. She was a savage and so is your brother. With their peculiar blue skin and glowing eyes."