Chapter 36: Lothlórien

Mantheniels POV

If I were to say the king looked handsome in his armor, it would be an understatement. He was magnificent to say the least. I have ever only heard stories of the great elven king of the woodland realm. No one has ever seen him fall in a battle. Everyone seemed to deem it wise not to stand in his way, for he would slice through you in one swift motion of his blade. He was known a ruthless warrior who did not know compassion or forgiveness. If he wants you dead, you will surely not see the day of light the next morning. Lindethiel would accompany us on the journey without the kings consent, although somehow I knew the king already knew that. I tie my bag to my saddle as Lindethiel pulls her horse with her and stands beside me.

"I do not know how you resist, mellon nin." She suddenly says causing me to look at her in confusion. She nods over to the king and my eyes follow, he stood tall, talking to one of guards. I felt a slight twist in my stomach as his eyes landed on mine for a brief moment before he turns away.

"What do you mean?" I pretend to not know what she was implying. I kept no secrets from her so she knew of what me and the king had talked about yesterday. About our attraction being a mistake and nothing more than a moment of weakness. Although I still could not understand how it was a weakness.

"He keeps looking at you. I swear if he continues to do this, you will both go mad at the end of this journey." There was anger in her tone, anger for the king. I let out a sigh as she continues to shake her head in frustration. I glance back at the man who could make me drop a sword with just a touch as his own eyes looked into mine once again. Icy blue that had been haunting my dreams of late. Although he was no monster in my dreams, he was- in fact, the opposite.
---

The trip to Lothlórien had been a quiet one. I only spoke to Lindethiel and occasionally Falasdir since the two have become curiously close. The prince would speak to me from time to time but only to tell me about certain tales of old. He was a good prince, kindness emitted from him naturally but somehow he controls when or to whom he would show it to. He would ride beside me to tell me which way to go, or where we were. Relaying messages from the king himself. It was a bit frustrating, when the king himself could have easily told me instead of relaying the message to his son. I stare at his back, his silver hair a contrast to his dark cloak. Maybe he had really been serious about the whole 'incident' to be a mistake. Somehow that did not help the growing heaviness in my chest. The sadness, like always, quickly turned to anger. How could he? He was the one who kissed me. And now he chooses to treat me this way. It would not have been the first time. I let out a sigh as Legolas appeared at my side, his white horse slowing down so that we would be on the same pace.

"We are almost there, Mantheniel. Have you ever been to Lothlórien?" He asks me, there was excitement in his voice telling me he loved Lothlórien. I shook my head, embarassingly, at him. Usually, Lady Galadriel would visit Rivendell. I have only heard stories of the great kingdom of light. Stories Lord Ellithior once told me when we trained. Stories Lord Elrond showed me through pictures. Even in pictures it looked like such a heavenly place to be.

"You are going to love it." He says kindly as he nudges his horse to go faster to keep up with the king. We entered an arched stone way, filled with white flowers. The feeling of calm and peace overwhelmed me as I felt no desire to act violent and all of the negative feelings I had vanished like it had been left outside the stone arch. I glance over at Lindethiel who gives me a smile, she had felt it too. The magic of this place was not exagerrated. We come to a stop and I had to purposely keep my mouth close for the scene before me was so much better than pictures and stories. It was something even my imagination could not fathom. It was like being in the sky. Lights burned like starlight. Arches were made of silver and white and the cold night breeze spread through it like mist on the mountain. I get off my horse, still entranced by the kingdom as I stare at it, walking blindly into a solid object. I am torn away from my gaping as the solid object turns around, his blue eyes almost ready to lash out on me. I open my mouth to speak out an apology but someone had already taken his attention away from me.