Chapter 54: Memory

Hello, loves! This is another loooooong chapter which will be dedicated to BlackAndWhitePhotoDistant_Memory13wendyfancett01 and autumnxleavesxmegan :) Enjoyy! ;D

---

Thranduils POV

"What in grey havens was that all about?" Lord Elrond asks me as the door closed behind Mantheniel. I wince at his tone but managed to compose myself before giving him a reply.

"What was what about?" I ask coolly, hiding the fact that my heart was desperately hitting my ribs in attempt to break free of its cage. By gods, what have I done? I almost did something inappropriate. Just the look of fear in her eyes was enough to send my thoughts spiraling into darkness. But to hell with it, her skin felt so soft under my fingers. Just one look from those eyes was enough to heavy the weight of how much I had missed her. How much I longed for her these past winters.

"You know what I am talking about!" He says dramatically, cocking one eyebrow up at me. I stare at him, forcing my face to show no emotion.

"I am afraid, I do not." I argue as the corners of his lips twitch into a smile.

"Really, Thranduil. Must you be so stubborn?" He asks and I could not help but remain emotionless in front of him. I was quite angry by the fact that he would allow suitors to court her when she clearly belongs with me.

"Couldn't help yourself, could you?" He asks, his tone filled with tease and for the first time in my whole life I felt a tinge of embarrassment make their way up my face. I turn away from him in an attempt to show how angry I was but to no avail.

"Well, it is a good time for you to come here then." He says and I spin around, striding towards him with no control. Almost as if I could make him disappear with my glare.

"Why on middle earth would you entertain the idea of her getting betrothed?!" I snap at him, almost forgetting the fact that Turwaithiel was in the room. She twitches at my outburst and her eyes grow wide, watching Lord Elrond and me. I take in a breath to calm myself and mutter an apology to her. She seems not to have heard it before Lord Elrond lets out a soft chuckle.

"I am not. Not at all, but I figured it was the only way to get you to come to Rivendell faster than a flying arrow." He starts pacing and I stare at him, shocked was an understatement.

"If you are merely playing a game..." I start but he cuts me off as Turwaithiel walks towards an open balcony, observing us with interest. I had often wondered what happened to her since she and Legolas seemed to be close and now he barely mentions her name.

"I am not. It was for the sole purpose of bringing you here since no amount of persuading you with anything else, worked. It was Lindethiel's idea." He states and I continue to stare at him as he focuses his attention on the cascading waters outside the window.

"That girl is too mischievous for her own good but she is quite intelligent. It seems we are not so immune to human reactions after all, Thranduil." He gives me a quick glance over his shoulder and my face turns into a scowl.

This was a plan. And to think my soldiers and my son are in on it. They had some truth in their words, of course. Nothing else would have made me come here to claim Mantheniel and bring her home. To me.

After a few moments of silence and me, muttering to myself. Lord Elrond finally took pity and broke the ice.

"So, what say you? Are you here for her or not?" He asks me and I shoot him a look.