four

Eloise woke up at 7am, the dorm was dead silent however Lily wasn't in her bed. She assumed that she was doing prefect things and had to be up.

It was Saturday meaning class didn't start for another two days.

Eloise brushed through her hair, curls still being left from the night before, brushed her teeth, put on a slight bit of makeup and put on flares with a queen t-shirt and a chucky cardigan.

She then made her way downstairs where she was met with the sound of the fire crackling, it was calming. I think that's the only word for how she felt in the common room. She felt at home.

She sat with a book and began reading, people were still not up so she took the time to herself.

About an hour later Mila came down the stairs.

"Hey, sleep well?" Eloise asks.

"Yeah, are the boys awake?" Mila replies.

"I haven't checked, I can't hear any sound coming from their room." Eloise said.

With that Mila decides to go check, Remus was awake he was sat talking with Peter but the other two were fast asleep.

Mila wanted to show Eloise around the castle today so she wanted the boys up.

Eloise watched from the doorframe as she picked up Remus' pillow and started hitting James and Sirius with it.

"What the fuck Mila! It's 8am let me sleep." Sirius mumbled still half asleep.

James didn't even stir, it was as if he was used to this now.

"Is he alive?" Eloise asks genuinely concerned.

Mila was too busy with Sirius to answer so she went to check he was waking up.

His eyes fluttered open to be met with Eloises ice blue ones.

"He's not dead! He's alive very much alive!" Eloise exclaimed.

The group laughed, but James and Sirius drank far too much the night before and wouldn't stop complaining of a headache.

"I'll go to the hospital wing and get something to shut these two up." Mila says.

"Don't leave me with these lot I might not make it out alive." Eloise said jokingly.

"I'll be 5 minutes, don't scar the poor girl." Mila says whilst walking out of the door.

Eloise manages to get James up but Sirius won't budge, Remus has to get involved and after 5 minutes he got up but only for Remus.

"What's going on with them two?" Eloise whispers to Peter and James.

"They say nothing but we all know that's bullshit." Peter says.

"Sirius literally lives with me and he still says nothings going on." James whispers.

"What are you talking about?" Remus asks.

"The weather-" Eloise says.

"Yeah really nice day out." Peter says.

"Mhm we were talking about the weather nothing else, at all." James says nervously.

Eloise smacks James lightly on the arm. Remus is obviously suspicious of them but shakes it off.

Thankfully before things got awkward the dorm door swings open.

"Drink whatever this is, Poppy says it stops the headache." Mila said handing two bottles to James and Sirius.

"This fucking stinks." Sirius complains.

"Drink the potion get over it." Mila says.

It's clear that Mila is the parent of the group, she is by far the most mature even more than Remus.

After the boys got ready the group decided to give Eloise a tour.

When they reached the black lake there was no one there even though the weather was good and this was probably the last of the sun.

They sat down and talked for hours about everything and nothing.

The couple minutes silence that would creep into conversation was comforting.

"Davies, how did you get here in the first place?" James asks.

"My dads a wizard and my mums a muggle, she's really supportive of him and all but she has no idea what's best in the wizarding world. She gets it to a certain extent but when it came to schools she had no idea. My dad went to Ilvermorny, he's American you see. So he sent me there, I didn't want to go so I did everything to try and get kicked out and the only thing that worked was when I decided to flood the heads office." Eloise explained.

"Thats fucking iconic." Peter said as he looked as if he was in awe of what the girl did.

They all had the same thought process.

She was one of them.

✨🌞✨

The sun had started to set when they decided it was getting chilly so they headed back into the building.

They collapse on the couch and carry on their conversations.

"We missed dinner." Remus realises.

"Two of us can go down to the kitchens, I'll go and someone can come with me." James volunteers.

"I'll come, I haven't seen the kitchens yet." Eloise says.

"I'll go get the invisibility cloak." James gets up and walks to the dorm.

"The what?" Eloise says in shock.

"You'll see Davies." James shouts.

The two walk to the kitchens under the cloak so no one can see them, with it being after curfew there was no point risking a detention with Filch.

"Merlin, this is weird." Eloise whispers.

"You get used to it Davies." James laughs.

"Potter, shhh I think I heard someone." Eloise whispers.

The two speed walked to the kitchens for whatever they could find and headed back to the common room.

The six of them ate and then Lily came down telling them to go to their dorms.

They all said goodnight and went to sleep. With that Eloise realised this was her people.

A/N

i am actually really enjoying writing this, and i'm going to make the updates as frequent as possible however i am doing my gcses rn so i might miss a couple days.

also i'm on the way to waterstones rn and i'm actually extremely excited to spend an ungodly amount of money on books.