fourteen

Lessons were going fast and December crept up on them unexpectedly, they were going home in 3 days.

James and Sirius were obviously going to the Potters for Christmas, Remus was going on Boxing Day, Peter was going to his own house, Mila was going home and then going to James' for New Years. Eloise decided to do the same as Mila, she wanted to see her mother and father but she also wanted to have fun with her new friends away from school.

Barely anyone concentrated on the work set but the last 3 days before they left lessons were cancelled anyway.

"Okay so James, I'll come on New Years Eve and stay until the 2nd of January, and then we will go to Hogwarts together?" Eloise asked.

"Yep, it happens every year, my mum already knows you're coming and is very excited to meet you."

"You told your mum about me? Aw how cute." Eloise jokes.

He rolls his eyes and sends her a joking scowl. She laughs at the red flush taking over James cheeks.

"El, you should come and pack, I don't want to be telling you and Marlene to start packing an hour before we are due to leave." Lily says.

"Lil, we leave in 3 days relax it'll be done by then." Eloise said calmly.

"Nope, right now hurry." Lily demanded.

So the girls went up the winding stairs to their bedroom and spent the day packing, trying on clothes and listening to ABBA.

Three days quickly rolled into two days, the second to last day was spent lazing around the common room, doing last minute homework and spending time with friends before the Christmas break.

The last day came around quickly, the last feast was incredible, everyone was ecstatic and aside from a couple of people smiling faces could be seen all around.

Eloise was happy to finally see her mother and father again. She was always a slight homebody but she also loved an adventure and that was what Hogwarts was to her but now it's became home.

"You still coming on New Years Els?" James asks.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Eloise smiles at him causing him to practically melt. "Rem, are you good? You look a bit tired."

"Oh I'm fine I just didn't get much sleep last night." Remus lies. Eloise nods and continues eating.

The next morning she gets on the Hogwarts express with the people she started her journey with.

She sat next to James and Remus on the other side. Snow was lightly falling on the once bright green grass. It was a sight she'd never forget.

Twenty minutes into the journey she rested her cheek on James shoulder and drifted off into a state of peace.

"James, don't move, Eloise is asleep." Peter says.

"I think he knows, he hasn't taken his eyes off her for the entire journey." Remus joked.

"Do you blame me? I mean she's literally stunning, and smart, and funny, and I think I really like her." James admitted.

"What made you come to that epiphany James Potter?" Mila laughed.

Eloise barely moved the entire journey meaning James was slightly stuck. It was five minutes until they'd reach London so they had no choice but to wake her.

"Eloise, wake upppp!" Sirius almost shouted.

"Sirius I swear to fucking god if you wake me up you won't be waking up again." Eloise snaps.

"Eloise I have chocolate?" Remus taunts.

"Hello I'm awake!" Eloise rises fast. Remus hands her the chocolate and she is content.

"Morning sleeping beauty." James smiles.

"You have a comfy shoulder, I think I'll sleep on it more often." Eloise winks at him causing him to go a deep red.

The group walk off the train and are met with their families.

They said their goodbyes even though they'd see each-other in 10 days.

Eloise runs to her mother pulling her into a bone crushing hug. She then goes to her father and does the exact same thing.

"I've missed you both so much you have no idea!" Eloise says happily, she could burst with the euphoric feeling she had.

"We missed you too sweetheart, you look so much older and it's only been a few months. Please stop growing!" Her mum said cupping both of her cheeks.

"Let's go home darling, you can tell us about your new friends I saw." Her father laughed and winked as if he knew there was something between her and one of them.

Except not even she knew there was something.

A/N

I'm only going to spend like 2 chapters on Christmas break and the party because i want to get into the action.

Sorry this is so bad but it needed to happen so they could get back home lmao.