eighteen

Eloise left the Potter household a couple days before spring term began, her and James hadn't made anything official yet but there was definitely something between them that was more than platonic.

She spent the last few days with her mum since her dad had to rush off to work.

It was hard on her knowing she'd be leaving her mum for school again especially with the current circumstances of he who shall not be named.

"Mum, I don't think I want to leave you this time." Eloise admits.

"Sweetheart, you have to go live, I am not holding you back, I love you too much to do that." Elizabeth strokes her daughters cheek.

"Please stay safe, go into hiding or something mum, I can't lose you." Even as a muggle Elizabeth knew the wizarding world was going through a crisis.

A war was coming.

"El, I am fine I'm an adult I can protect myself."

"Promise me mum."

"I'll always be with you."

The next morning the two drove to kings cross station and went through the wall to 9 3/4. Euphemia, James and Sirius were also there.

"Mum come with me, we can go meet up with James and his family!"

Eloise was greeted with a hug from James and Sirius. James kissed the top of her head, a small gesture that was well received.

Whilst introductions happened with Euphemia and Elizabeth the 3 teens spoke.

"Mum, we'd best be getting on the train to meet the others, stay safe I love you so much." Eloise hugs her mum.

"I'll owl you or whatever it's called, have an amazing time I love you!" Elizabeth shouted slightly.

The 3 walked to their compartment waiting for Remus, Peter and Mila.

Euphemia and Elizabeth waited for the train to depart watching their children laugh and smile, knowing fine well what they will face In the future is far from funny.

"I feel like I'm losing her you know? And being a muggle I haven't even stepped into her world." Elizabeth opened up.

"I understand, having James so late into my life I feel as if I barely got to go on the adventures he wanted to go on with me."

It was hard on the mother's knowing their kids were growing up.

The teens on the train met up with the other marauders and honorary members. Remus was looking extra tired, his cheeks were slightly hollow and Eloise was growing more and more worried.

"James, can you come for a walk with me please I need some air." Eloise said.

"Yeah of course are you okay?"

"Yeah don't worry." Eloise smiled.

"James please be honest, is Remus okay?" Eloise asked worriedly.

"Yeah he's fine." James was a bad liar.

"What the fuck is wrong with him James." Eloise began to tear up, she cared about him more than anyone knew.

"Els-" James was cut off. "No James! Please just be honest with me! You lot disappeared once a month with no trace and come back as if nothing happened! He looks ill James, I don't want to lose him." Eloise begins crying.

"Eloise?" Remus was stood at the door and she didn't notice.

"I think we need to tell her mate." James says.

"No! She'll think of me as a monster, I can't do that Prongs!" Remus also started crying.

"Monster?"

"Eloise, I don't know how to tell you this, oh for fuck sake. I'm a werewolf, please don't say anything yet, I didn't tell you because you'll think of me as a monster and will leave me like everyone apart from these lot. Even my dad couldn't deal with me." Remus admits.

"Remus Lupin, you are no monster. You fold your fucking socks, you eat chocolate on a daily basis because it takes away any sort of sadness, you dressed as Elton John for Halloween, you aren't a monster." Eloise holds him not letting him go, she would never leave him.

'Thank you' James mouthed. Eloise smiled back.

Sirius ran in joining the hug along with Mila and Peter.

"So is now the time to tell you we are all illegal animagi?" Sirius said with jazz hands.

"I'm not even slightly surprised." Eloise smiled. "I want in."

"Good luck with the mandrake leaf, boys it looks like we got ourselves a sixth marauder!" Mila says.

Eloise was willing to do anything even if it did mean a mandrake leaf in the mouth for the month.

a/n

Hi! I'm back for good this time!

I've genuinely had the best week so far, you can skip this bit obviously but I truly feel happy atm and it is shining through my writing I think lmao.

Also y'all rocking with a face reveal at 1000 reads?