twenty six

15th October 1978

James and Eloise had settled nicely into their home. Everyone reacted amazingly to the news of their engagement. Especially Euphemia who was excited to know that she would be seeing her son get married, something she didn't know if she'd be able to do due to her being on the older side.

But Sirius was by far the best reaction. He cried. Like actually sat there with tears streaming down his face because of how happy he was for James and Eloise.

Sirius and Remus had actually moved in with each other not long after James and Eloise did. They were content with where they were in their relationship which made everyone around them happy.

Marlene and Lily made things official after leaving Hogwarts but were yet to move in together. They felt that they'd be at greater risk being a couple especially with death eaters attacking muggleborns and 'blood traitors' at a high rate.

Peter was still living with his mum as well as Mila. They felt that would be best for their current financial and emotional situation. But they still saw each other a lot. With the order meetings they were constantly working.

Auror training had started for the group (aside from Lily who was working at St. Mungos) and to say it was stressful would be an understatement. They were constantly fighting against pureblood supremacists whether it be mentally or physically.

They needed some happiness and light in a world full of terror.

15th December 1978

Eloise was dressed in all white. Her dress was Victorian style, it had sleeves because it was the middle of winter and their wedding was outdoor. She had her hair in a flower crown and a veil hanging from it. She looked classic, timeless, stunning.

Since the war started Eloise definitely called down compared to what she used to be. She was still the same girl, she just grew up fast.

Mila and Marlene stood as bridesmaids and Lily as maid of honour. Lily dressed in purple, Mila in a light shade of brown and Marlene in blue. The shades complimented everything about them. They looked beautiful.

Marlene turned to look at Eloise. "Let's run, us girls let's just leave."

"What?" Eloise laughed.

"You will be bored of him in two years, you'll never be bored of us. We could go to Italy, start a bakery or some shit." Marlene said.

"Marles, I want to marry him. I love him, and it annoys me more than I could say because he's James potter, but I do. I want to spend my life with him."

They walked to the garden, where everyone was stood.

The mums walked down together and sat in their assigned seats. Then went James standing at the front, Eloise could see him and she let a tear fall down her face, but he couldn't see her. Then Sirius followed him down as best man, looking as dashing as ever. Then Remus and Peter followed as groomsmen. The bridesmaid walked down as a two, with Lily being maid of honour she walked afterwards. Without anyone seeing Sirius ran back round to the start of the aisle to do his job as flower girl, he claimed he would be the best flower girl.

Then came Eloise and her father. James started crying there and then, fogging up his glasses. He had never seen someone so stunning, he knew there and then they were meant to be. I mean he already knew but that finished it off.

Vows were exchanged, tears were shed and kisses were had. Now fleetwood Mac was playing at full volume and everyone was dancing.

It was a beautiful moment for everyone there. It was like a scene from a book.

Eloise's favourite moment was capturing Marlene and Lily dancing, they looked so content.

But when it was time for the first dance everyone stopped and looked at the young couple.

Everybody loves somebody was playing because the lyrics were beautiful. (And because the beat was good for James to dance to, that boy was hopeless at dancing).

Their foreheads were touching along with their noses and smiles were plastered on their faces.

It would be a lie to say their was a dry eye in that garden at that moment. Sirius was uncontrollably sobbing into Euphemia, which made James and Eloise laugh.

By midnight everyone was ready to go to sleep with aching feet. A magical day was everything they needed in the state of the world.

And that's what they got, a moment of pure joy and contentment.

A/N

This was too cute

Aw isn't everyone so happy

It would be a shame if I ruined that :)