twenty one

Eloise, James, Sirius, Remus, Lily and Marlene walk into potions to find one already made on the front table.

"Everyone gather round, now you're all probably confused at what the potion set on the table here is, this right here is amortentia. Now does anyone know what this is?" Slughorn explained and then asked.

"That's amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It smells different for each person you are attracted to. For example I smell broomstick cleaner, burning wood and that one aftershave James wears. I smell James." Eloise answered Slughorn.

"Hell yeah she does." James leant back on a table with his sleeves rolled up and had a smug look on his face to tell the class that he won.

"Okay, after that little show can we all form a line. You don't have to say what you smell however you do need to write it down as next lesson you will be making this potion to go towards your final grade." Slughorn enforced.

James was first up. He already knew what he'd smell. "I'll say it out loud. Eloise's lavender shampoo, my mums homemade cookies and the sea breeze. So Eloise, I smell Eloise." James quickly jotted it down and joined Eloise at the side. When he reached her he gave her a quick kiss on the head.

The next from the group was Remus. "Okay, I'll say it out loud I suppose. Cigarettes, then hair product and my mums baking." He glanced at Sirius and saw his eyes light up.

Next up was Marlene, "I smell, marzipan, cherries and a certain someone's vanilla shower gel." Lily's stomach was swarmed with butterflies knowing that she was talking about her.

Only close friends knew but they girls had made their relationship official. And even though they only told certain people, somehow the whole school could figure it out. No one had an issue with it though.

Sirius was now standing over the potion. "The humid air when it rains, new books and burning logs." Remus knew 2 of those smells were him, and to say he was happy about it was a slight understatement.

Last in the group was Lily. "My dorm room, Marlene's perfume and roses." Just like Marlene smelt Lily, Lily smelt Marlene.

The lesson went quickly as did the rest of the day. That night Lily had planned a study night due to NEWTS coming up very soon.

"Me, James and Peter are going to do some transfiguration revision, anyone joining?" Eloise asked.

"I think we're all doing potions, thank you though." Remus replied. Eloise nodded her head and walked to the table in the common room the three of them were using.

They studied for around an hour before they got bored. "I'm hungry and bored." James complained.

Eloise stood up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Do you want to go get food from the kitchens?"

James quickly stood up and nodded his head like a child who'd just been asked if they wanted sweets from the shops. They laced their fingers together and walked out of the common room.

"We need to be quick because Pete wants some strawberry tarts." Eloise said.

And with that James began running down the hallway dragging Eloise along with him.

They quickly reached the kitchens luckily an hour before curfew and Got the snacks that they needed.

"Remember when you first brought me here?" Eloise was reminiscing on when she joined the school. She had no idea she would've met the people that she did, she had no idea her and James would've been the way they were.

James laughed. "Of course I remember, you had no idea I had the invisibility cloak, it was cute seeing you look so shocked by it."

"Aw you thought I was cute." Eloise joked.

James pulled her in for a hug. "You know I thought you were cute, Els. I'm surprised you didn't notice how whipped I was when I first saw you on the train."

Eloise looked up at him with a serious face. "Oh trust me, I knew. But I felt the same so we're even."

They walked back with a bag of snacks and a happy mood, gave Peter his strawberry tarts and relaxed by the fire wrapped in each others arms.

A/N

We are almost finished with the school year but I'm not ending it there.

I will be writing about the order obviously.

Next chapter will be a full moon, the first with Eloise being an animagus.

I'm also writing a Remus Lupin book on the side of this one. It is a boy chases girl plot line and i have a few chapters done. Would any of you want me to publish it?