eleven

It was a snowy Wednesday when the Marauders and the honorary members had gone to breakfast, James was extra excited because it was quidditch practice that night and as captain he had to prepare the team for a match.

"James, you need to eat as excited as you are you need to eat, you've got a long day of classes and I'm not dealing with you being moody." Eloise said sternly.

"Okay, but only if you come to practice to watch tonight." James smiles.

"Of course i will but I will not be stepping foot onto that broom, absolutely it's quite literally a death trap." Eloise complains.

"We will see about that, Els." James mumbles. "Oh, bring the camera Els!" He shouted before leaving the hall with a slice of toast in his mouth.

It was only Eloise and Lily out of the group sat down because they had Ancient Runes together next.

Lily shuffled up the seats so she was facing Eloise.

"Eloise Davies, you like Potter!" She whisper shouts.

"Huh, what, no, I don't think I do." Eloise replies nervously.

"Yeah, and my mother is a secret witch from Narnia." Lily says sarcastically. "Look when you admit your feelings I want to be first to know."

"There will be no admitting of feelings Lily Evans, except when you admit you are in love with Marles." Eloise whispers so no one around them can hear.

Lily goes almost as red as her hair but smiles so Eloise knows she isn't mad.

"Nah, I think Marles likes Dorcas, I mean I don't blame her she's super pretty." Lily says trying to hide the bit of jealousy in her tone.

"Shut the fuck up Lils! You know Marles likes you too, I've seen the way you look at each other and that isn't just platonic."

"We should go to ancient runes now!" Lily ends the conversation.

"Okay, you can avoid the topic now but we have to discuss it at some point." Eloise says.

She nods and they start their days worth of lessons.

✨🌞✨

Classes ended for the day with the last one being transfiguration with Mcgonagall.

The group ate dinner and made their way back to the common room.

It was about an hour until quidditch practice meaning Eloise needed to get ready. She put her long flowing blonde hair in a red and gold scrunchie, put on her long sleeved red top with her Gryffindor scarf, a black pleated skirt with tights and black doc martens.

She walked down the dorm stairs at 7pm and James was waiting for her in his quidditch gear, she though he was extremely attractive but she wasn't going to say anything.

"Did you bring the camera?" James asked.

"Of course, I wouldn't forget if you wanted something." Eloise said.

They talked about their days until they got to the pitch.

Eloise sat in the stands with the camera and with her Ancient Runes homework.

James elegantly flew to the skies as if it was human nature for him. The clouds practically welcomed him with open arms.

He was in the perfect place for a photo. His hair was messy as usual, his glasses still firmly on his face and that stupid smirk was plastered on his face.

 His hair was messy as usual, his glasses still firmly on his face and that stupid smirk was plastered on his face

Of course he had to catch her mid photo causing Eloise to go a bright red colour and James shot her a wink. Butterflies quite literally flew around her stomach.

And the same happened for him, he'd never openly admit it but she was his weakness, worse than Lily had ever been. She made him somewhat nervous.

When practise was done Eloise waited whilst he was in the locker rooms getting changed, it was bitterly cold and her teeth were chattering like mad.

James being surprisingly observant noticed this and practically ran over to her.

"Els it's freezing why didn't you ask for my jumper?"

"James, it's fine the schools 2 minutes away." Eloise shook him off still shaking.

"Nope, I have a spare one here take it now." James demanded.

"Okay but you're not getting it back." Eloise teased.

"We will see about that, Els." James whispered then ran off whilst she was getting the jumper on.

"JAMES POTTER, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW I STILL GET LOST!" Eloise shouted.

She chased him until she lost him then he popped out at the side of her picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder once again with ease.

"Mr Potter, put Miss Davies down, the poor girl." Mcgonagall said.

"Sorry Minnie but she just committed theft."

"I'm sure she did not, it would very much surprise me if she did." Mcgonagall said trying to hide a smile.

"Oh no i very much did, this jumper is not going back in his wardrobe." Eloise says openly.

"I'm going to walk away now and pretend this conversation didn't happen." Mcgonagall shook her head walking off.

The two laughed and walked to the common room not realising their pinkies were interlocked.

A/N

I wanted a light hearted chapter before something bad happens sorry not sorry.