twenty four

The news of the newly founded 'order of the Phoenix' shook the marauders and their honorary members to the core.

When they imagined leaving school as a child it would be finding a job, starting a life, travelling, settling down.

Not fighting a war.

Yet here they were, ready to risk everything for something they believed in.

"Isn't it crazy? We were in our little bubble of happiness at hogwarts, and now that we are leaving it's hitting us like a ton of bricks that the war is here." Eloise said with her head in her hands.

The room was still silent.

"You Know I still remember when I was a kid, my once mother, she would constantly lecture me about wanted to know more about the muggle world, I just wanted to see everything. There was life elsewhere and I wanted to know about it. I thought it would just be a bit of prejudice, it would pass, how the fuck did it cause a war." Sirius had tears in his eyes as he opened up.

"None of us knew it would be this way did we, if we did maybe we could've stopped it. Padfoot, we always said we'd change the world, so let's do that, all of us." James said.

"We will be fine right? And no matter what happens we stick together?" Peter asked worriedly.

"Yes, Peter, we will always be together. No matter what happens, we stay loyal and together because that's who we are." Lily put a comforting hand over Peters. "For now we live to fullest."

"I will never live a normal fucking life!" Remus laughs. "Werewolf, my boyfriends Sirius Black and now I'm fighting a war!"

That's one thing remus could do in any situation, he finds something funny, something amusing. It was a gift he didn't even know he had.

The group spent the last 3 days of school walking around, retracing steps they had taken so many times, pulling small pranks here and there, being normal kids for the small time they had left to do so.

Their last day came too fast.

Their last breakfast came too fast.

In a matter of hours they'd be leaving the safety of the castle.

In a matter of hours they're going to be thrown into a world that was scary.

A world that was merely blood, and if the blood you held was pure or if it was 'tainted' like they said it was.

"Minnie, it's been a pleasure to be a pain in the arse in your lessons." Sirius said throwing an arm around her shoulder.

"Language Black." Mcgonagall said throwing him a smile she couldn't resist.

"We know you have a soft spot for us, I mean who wouldn't." James winked but choked on his words slightly showing that he would miss her dearly.

Mcgonagall's eyes filled with tears, something she didn't expect to happen. But it's true, she would miss those boys and she did have a soft spot for them.

"Can we get one last photo on the camera please!" Peter said excitedly.

"Of course."

"Minnie would you do the honours?" Remus asked smiling widely.

They soon had to get on the train after this. They made their way to the boats and watched as the magical place they called home fade to nothing. And for Eloise it was as quick as it came.

They boarded the train with groups of tears forming in their eyes knowing that this was their last time ever.

James unknowingly held his hand at the bottom of Eloise's back in a comforting manner. Her being quite a bit smaller than him made this easy.

She still looked at him the way she did when she first saw him. She still noticed his eyes before anything else. She had no idea that she would be able to call him hers when she first saw him.

They couldn't all fit in one compartment so Mila, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter went in one compartment and Eloise joined the girls until half way through when she'd join the boys.

James was fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

"You alright Prongs?" Sirius asked.

"Imgoingtoaskeloisetomarryme." James said in a fast pace.

"You what?" Mila asked legitimately confused.

"I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Remus spat out the hot chocolate he was about to swallow all over Sirius.

"You don't think it's too soon?" Peter asked.

"Nope, look we don't know what's going to happen after this, I don't want to sound morbid but we don't know how long we have. Help me guys I need to make it perfect." James explained.

"I'm in of course."

"Same."

"Obviously."

"I'm down."

A/N

Hola I am back

Ignore how BAD this is

Im getting back into writing I've been hella busy