sixteen

Boxing Day was Eloise's favourite day. It was her and her Mother's Day. Eloise and Elizabeth had a beautiful relationship. They had the type that anyone would be jealous of, they were absolute best friends. Although Elizabeth would never understand her daughters magic fully she understood her daughter.

She understood how she only liked a little bit of milk in her cereal because she hated it soggy, she understood that when Eloise feels sad she would play with her hair and hum a french song that would calm her, she understood the way her daughters mind worked.

Boxing Day was their day, they'd do each others nails and they did each others makeup. Eloise had a talent for this she seemed to lift a face with the slightest bit of concealer and lip gloss. Some may say this is very feminine however it was just what she enjoyed and she shouldn't be shamed for it.

Later into the night Elizabeth and Eloise had the record player on. They were listening to ABBA (obviously because that is their all time favourite band).

They were singing Fernando in a silly Spanish accent that they weren't too good at but they were happy.

Really truly happy.

By the end of the night they kicked Eloise's father into the spare room and they shared a room for the night.

"So who was that tall boy you walked to us with when you got off the bus, not the one with the scars or the longish hair but the other." Eloise felt her face heat up and go red.

"That's James, he's really nice mum, you'd like him a lot." Eloise smiled talking about him. The memory of the night they took photos sprung to her mind and she grinned.

"I know that smile, it was the smile you gave when you liked that boy in second year, Ben Montgomery, you really liked him. So come on admit it you like James." Her mother said.

"Okay fine! I do I really do! But he definitely doesn't like me, well I don't know for sure but surely he doesn't." Eloise admitted finally.

"If it's about the time you knew him it really doesn't matter, me and your father loved each other after the first month of knowing each other, I'm not saying you love him but at least give him a shot to prove himself." Elizabeth had a way with her words that would make anyone realise how they truly feel.

"I will mum, thank you." Elizabeth kissed the top of Eloise's head and they both fell asleep.

The next 5 days went by quickly, and Eloise was glad she would get to see her best friends soon. She woke up on the morning of the party absolutely ecstatic. Her mother and father decided to go away for the night on a New Years break.

The dress she planned to wear was hung on her wardrobe door, it was completely breathtaking.

Before she got ready though she made some brunch, she had to be there for 4 so she still had 3 hours and she was getting there by port key. This meant she had time to get ready.

It was an hour since she had brunch and was finally time to get ready. She started by curling her blonde hair making slight waves that fell down her back. She then put on some natural makeup adding a little bit of eyeliner and a peach lipstick. And then it was time for the dress.

The dress was a beautiful sage green, it complimented her features so well. As she put it over her head it fell perfectly on her figure. The straps weren't too loose or too tight it just worked. And for once she felt truly confident about herself.

When it got to 4 o clock she held onto the port key and was transported to Potter Manor. She was shocked at the sheer size of the place. It towered over her 5''4 frame and was quite daunting. Yet it still looked homely.

She knocked on the door and was extremely nervous for someone who was usually so confident.

Luckily James was the one to answer the door. Seeing him gave her butterflies and him seeing her made him fall more and more.

"H-Hi Ells, you look amazing!" He scooped her into a hug. "I missed you so much never leave me with Sirius alone again." His words were muffled into her neck.

"I missed you too, and I definitely won't! No one needs to deal with that." Eloise said smiling.

"ELOISE IS HERE!" Remus shouted from behind James.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD FINALLY!" Sirius followed.

"SHES BACK BOYS!" Peter then shouted.

"Hi" she waved. "I missed you all a lot, apart from you Sirius, but I'm fucking freezing so can we go in?"

Eloise greeted Euphemia and Fleamont along with their other guests.

After this Marlene and Lily showed up, then Mila came with Mary and Alice.

The group was together again.

They went into a separate room where older guests weren't, they had queen playing at full volume but a silencing spell was put on the room so no one really noticed.

Hours went by and James and Eloise decided to for a walk at 11:53. The others said it was risky and they'd miss the countdown but they didn't mind.

They stumbled up the stairs slightly after a couple of Firewhiskeys and sat underneath a door frame.

"I missed you the most you know?" Eloise admits.

"It was only a week, are you seriously that whipped?" James joked.

"And so what if I was?" Eloise says pretending to joke but she was genuinely asking the question.

"Then I wouldn't complain." James says in all seriousness.

11:59

"Wait really?" Eloise smiles.

"Really."

10

9

8

7

"Look up." James whispers.

Mistletoe hung above them, almost as if this was fate.

6

5

4

3

"I guess it's fate Mr Potter."

2

1

They both leant in, only inches apart, he cupped her face with his hands. Their lips grazed only slightly but it sent sparks around them. Cheers from downstairs were loud but were drowned out by the two.

It hit them both like a ton of bricks, they were truly, madly, deeply in love.

A/N

FINALLY

OMG THAT WAS SO GOOD TO WRITE

1000 words omg well done me.

Also I am not rereading because I'm lazy

And you can tell this isn't that much of a slow burn but my next book very much is ;)