0.75 || when we were younger

You look like a movieYou sound like a songMy God this reminds me, of when we were young-When We Were Young, Adele

You sound like a song
My God this reminds me, of when we were young
-When We Were Young, Adele

You look like a movieYou sound like a songMy God this reminds me, of when we were young-When We Were Young, Adele

Three people sit in a classroom, at long wooden tables. They're just on the verge of adulthood, though they still have an air of youth around them. Two of them, both blonde, a girl and a boy, sit right next to each other. The other one, a boy, sits on the furthest end of the table from the other two; his black hair slicked back.

The blonde boy balances a rubber on the end of his wooden ruler, then flicks it in the direction of the black-haired boy. It hits him right on the side of his head, and he looks over angrily.

"Thor!", the girl hisses to the blonde boy, lightly hitting his arm.

He lets out a laugh upon seeing his brother's face and the black-haired boy just glares, before picking up a pencil and throwing it at Thor. He completely misses and instead hits the girl on the bridge of her nose.

"Ow, shi- Loki!", she squeals.

At once again hearing their voices, the teacher, a strict old woman, turns around. Her eyes scan over the class of three, "Did I not say to work in silence?", they don't reply, the two blondes try to stifle their giggles, and Loki sits as stiff as a board, "And, Astrid, I should never hear such foul language from a young maiden such as yourself.". Before she can dish out any punishment, there's a light knock on the door, "Come in!", the teacher orders. The door slides open to reveal a young serving girl; at being in the presence of the two princes, she stands tall, though it's painfully obvious that she's racked with nerves. For a moment, she just stands there, whilst the teacher and three students stare at her, "Well, speak, girl!", she snaps.

"Heimdall requests Lady Astrid's presence at his observatory immediately.", the girl says.

"Could it not wait until my lesson finishes?", the teacher asks.

"He instructed me to fetch her and bring her to him at once.", the girl explains in a small voice.

The teacher huffs, but Heimdall operates with much more authority than her, so she doesn't have much say in this. "I suppose you may be dismissed early, Astrid."

"Finally.", the blonde girl, Astrid, mutters to herself. Then, she disappears into thin air, much to the serving girl's astonishment.

When Astrid reappears, she's in Heimdall's observatory. At her materialization out of thin air, he doesn't show the slightest hint of shock.

"You're getting good at that.", Heimdall observes, as he stands at the control panel, staring out into the void of space.

"I've been practicing.", she shrugs, walking up the steps to the controls, "Now, what's so urgent that you had to pull me out of lessons."

"You were about to get reprimanded.", he says, "Besides, I have something that I've been meaning to show you for a while."

"Is it...", Astrid starts, hope filling her features.

"The fifth one. The fifth Dea.", he nods, already knowing what she was going to say.

"She's been born?"

"Yes. Quite a while ago. Today is her second birthday.", he says.

Without him having to tell her to do so, she places a hand on the sword and closes her eyes. He follows suit and in an instant, both of them can see into a room. It's large and cozy; full of expensive, wooden furniture.

"Where are we?", Astrid asks.

"Earth.", he answers simply.

In the kitchen, there are two people, one is sat at the counter, and one is stood at the stove. The one at the counter is much smaller, a child, a girl. So, she's the one.

The man at the stove has dark brown hair and a wide smile plastered on his face. He's wearing a white t-shirt and grease-covered jeans. He spins around, holding a frying pan, "Nutella or cinnamon sugar?"

"Cinmom shugr please!", the girl grins.

"Anything for the birthday girl.", he slips a pancake onto her plate and lathers it with cinnamon sugar, "Everything's better with cinnamon."

"Thank you!", she dabs at the sugar then licks it off the tip of her finger.

"You are very welcome.", he plants a kiss on her nose and ruffles her hair, "Two years old today. Wowzers, you're getting big."

"Which stone is she connected to?", Astrid asks.

"Power. She's connected to the power stone.", Heimdall says.

The man helps her cut up her pancakes and smiles down at her with slightly glassy eyes, "Happy birthday, Aria."