16 || the first goodbye

It's been a long day without you, my friendAnd I'll tell you all about it when I see you againWe've come a long way from where we beganOh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again-See You Again, Wiz Khalifa

And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
-See You Again, Wiz Khalifa

It's been a long day without you, my friendAnd I'll tell you all about it when I see you againWe've come a long way from where we beganOh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again-See You Again, Wiz Khalifa

August 18th 2012
Central Park, New York City

"So, what next?"

The two Deas sit on a bench in Central Park, as the rest of the Avengers say their goodbyes around them.

"Thor and I must return Loki, along with the Tesseract back to Asgard. We have matters to attend to back there."

"Yeah, kingdoms to run and all that. I can relate.", Aria jokes, to a flat reception. Awkwardly, she sucks in a breath and continues, "And after you've sorted things there? Are you gonna settle down or go find another quest to complete?"

"I must leave Asgard in search of answers. I know frighteningly little about my powers, my destiny, my purpose. I must seek answers..." she takes Aria's hands in her own. "For the both of us. What we are is fantastic but I cannot go on living in the dark. With my life a lie."

"Oh... Well... Good luck."

"And what will you move onto after all this?"

Aria pulls her legs up, crossing them beneath her, "Honestly? I don't really know.", she shrugs, glancing back at Steve, "Well, I know who I want to be with... but I think my dad will need me back in Malibu."

"And the people of Malibu, who's their king?"

"Uh... I don't know, probably Leonardo Dicaprio or Johny Depp."

"What odd names.", both of the girls laugh, "So, you and Steve?"

Aria's face flushes scarlet and a smirk plays on her lips, "What about it?"

"Your chemistry is undeniable."

Opening and closing her mouth trying to think of a response, Aria just flushes even redder. Luckily, Thor saves her from having to reply by calling out to them.

"Astrid, are you ready to depart?", he asks.

"Yes, one moment.", she replies, before turning back to Aria, "If you need me, simply call out; I'll hear. I'll be there."

"I still don't understand how your powers work."

"I shall explain another time, but for now, I must leave.", she stands up, "It truly has been a pleasure meeting you, Aurelia."

"You too, Astrid."

They join the others, walking toward a clear space in the park. Loki has his hands cuffed together and a muzzle over his mouth, as Thor pulls him along. Astrid walks over and stands on the other side of Loki. Tony carries a briefcase with the Tesseract in it and wears a suit and sunglasses- as usual. Aria joins his side and he wraps his arm around her shoulder, resting his cheek on the top of her head. Steve, Bruce, Nat, Thor, and Clint stroll along behind them.

They place the Tesseract in a container and each brother grabs one end of it. After saying their final goodbyes, they each twist an end and a beam shoots down from the sky. The Bifrost pulls the two brothers away to Asgard and Astrid disappears in her own flash of blue. The six remaining Avengers stand around, watching the place where their friends used to be.

After they've gone, Steve walks up to Tony and shakes his hand with a smile. Happily watching on, Aria stands a few feet back with her arms crossed, glad to see the two most important men in her life getting along for once. Bruce and Tony climb into his sports car, whilst Nat and Clint get in the S.H.I.E.L.D car. Aria and Steve climb onto his motorbike, she sits behind him and wraps her arms around his waist.

And just like that, the Avengers all go their separate ways.

But, if Earth ever needs them again- they'll be back.

A message from the author:Last chapter of the book ): Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

Last chapter of the book ): Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 703

Date published: August 6th, 2022