13 || the beginning of the end

Why do the birds go on singing?Why do the stars glow above?Don't they know it's the end of the world?It ended when I lost your love-The End Of The World, Skeeter Davis

Why do the stars glow above?
Don't they know it's the end of the world?
It ended when I lost your love
-The End Of The World, Skeeter Davis

Why do the birds go on singing?Why do the stars glow above?Don't they know it's the end of the world?It ended when I lost your love-The End Of The World, Skeeter Davis

August 16th 2012
Stark Tower, New York City

Tony flies up to Stark Tower in his barely-functioning, battered, and bruised suit, "Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor but the device is already self-sustained.", J.A.R.V.I.S tells him, referring to the high-tech and very other-worldly contraption Selvig has built.

"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig.", Tony demands.

The man turns around, squinting to look up at the flying suit, "It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe."

"Okay.", he says, unimpressed.

He raises his arm and fires a blast at the machine, which only ricochets of the barrier, knocking both him and Selvig backward. Down on the streets below, restaurant-goers from the cafe Steve and Aria were at the other day look up in shock.

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable.", J.A.R.V.I.S informs him.

"Yeah, I got that.", he looks down to see Loki stood on the balcony with an infuriating smirk plastered on his smug face, "Plan B."

"Sir, the Mark Seven is not ready for deployment.", J.A.R.V.I.S warns.

"Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock.", he insists, impatiently.

He lands his suit down and walks inside, as the robotic arms take the suit off him. Loki looks up, holding his scepter and still smirking, as they both walk inside. Tony casually walks towards the bar, barely even acknowledging the demigod's presence.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.", Loki grins.

"Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you.", he admits.

"You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny.", he walks around the back of the bar, "Would you like a drink?"