14 || the powers of the stone

Baby, you're the manBut I got the, I got the, I got the powerYou make rainBut I make it, I make it, I make it shower-Power, Little Mix

But I got the, I got the, I got the power
You make rain
But I make it, I make it, I make it shower
-Power, Little Mix

Baby, you're the manBut I got the, I got the, I got the powerYou make rainBut I make it, I make it, I make it shower-Power, Little Mix

August 16th 2012
Stark Tower, New York City

Five or so minutes later, the elevator doors in the penthouse ping open and an extremely agitated Aurelia Stark rushes out. Her deep brown eyes dart around in search of Loki, or her father, or anybody really. The usually pristine penthouse is covered in a layer of rubble, dust and general mess from the war that wages outside.

She takes off running to the balcony and stares out over the city, as it crumbles to ruins, "Loki!", she screams, emotion lacing every letter, "Get your ass here! Face me, you coward!"

"No need to yell.", his voice scoffs from behind her, making her internally shudder. She spins around to see him stood behind her, rather relaxed. She just stares at him with a hollow and numb look on her face, "Well?", he taunts.

"Look at this. This is madness.", she raises a hand to the burning city that spans out before them, "What makes you think this is going to end well for you?"

The leviathan slinks straight through the top of a building, sending bricks and mortar tumbling to the ground, "That.", they both watch as Chitauri smash through a building's windows, and shortly after, the entire floor explodes outwards, "And that."

"Hm, interesting. Well, you know what makes me think we're gonna win?", she asks mockingly, tilting her head at him. "Every single movie I've ever watched. The villains never win. Apart from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One. But there's a part two to that, so it's fine."

"What?", he asks, utterly confused.

"It's irrelevant. Point is, there is no way for you to win. It's a lose-lose. Maybe you win, but we'll sure as hell die trying to protect our planet. There will always be resistance to... things like you.", she spits, "And there'll be a resistance so strong that there'll be nothing you can do but fall. Maybe us, maybe it'll be after our time. Either way, you'll get what's coming. Karma's a bitch."