15 || sisters

But I can see us lost in the memoryAugust slipped away into a moment in time'Cause it was never mine-August, Taylor Swift

August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine
-August, Taylor Swift

But I can see us lost in the memoryAugust slipped away into a moment in time'Cause it was never mine-August, Taylor Swift

August 17th, 2012
Manhattan, New York

All of the Avengers sit in Aria's living room, an hour after they ate their shawarma and a few hours after the battle ended. Everyone's silent, all staring at the wall in an exhausted daze. The only missing Avenger is Aria, who disappeared the second they arrived.

Without saying a word, Astrid stands up and walks out of the room, down the corridor, and into Aria's room. The brunette is sat on the bed, staring at the wall with a blank look on her face. Astrid glances around the room, taking it all in; the first thing she notices is that there are a lot of pictures. They are hung up on the walls and dotted along her dresser and she studies each of them. There are loads of her and Tony, or her as a teenager with other girls that Astrid's never seen before, but there are none with Steve, much to her surprise.

"Hey.", Aria says quietly, not even turning around to look at who's just entered her room.

"Greetings.", she walks around the bed and sits down on the floor, "What are you thinking about?"

She presses her lips together in thought for a moment, "When did you know about... it? Your powers..."

"I don't know, I just always have.", the Asgardian shrugs, "It wasn't a revelation to me, it's just a part of my life; it's just who I've always been."

She twists her ruby ring around her finger, a habit she finds herself doing more and more lately, "This prophecy. What is it? You never finished telling me."

"When the universe was formed, in what your people call the... the Big Bang, six stones were created that make up the very fabric of our reality. Space, soul, time, mind, power, and reality. Nobody knows where these stones are or truly what they're capable of, but years ago, generations before me, the elders realized that these stones weren't the only power of their kind. It is said that somewhere across the universe, six girls will be born. Each of them is tied to one of the stones and has powers unique to them and only them. One day, the universe will face a threat greater than any of us can perceive and blood will be spilled. The stones will be used for destruction and death, but when the universe needs them most, the Deas will unite and restore the universe to the way it should be."

Aria's breathing grows heavier and she finally meets Astrid's gaze, "Why me though? What's so special about us?"

"I've been asking myself that for years. Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Maybe time will give us the answers we seek, perhaps not. Who knows?"

She nods, seemingly content with the answer she's been given for now, or maybe just fed up of having to think about everything that's happened, "So, what's Asgard like?"

"Oh, it's beautiful.", Astrid smiles at the thought alone, "Very different to your planet though."

"Hmm."

"Are you from this kingdom? What do you call it... New York?"

She laughs at the Asgardian's wording, "I was born here, but I was raised in a... kingdom... called Malibu."

"And what is this Malibu like?"

"Sunny and expensive.", she smirks.

"Will you return there once this is all over?", Astrid asks.

Aria thinks for a moment, "Maybe. I've been living up here for a while now, but I think Dad will need me there with him right now, and in all honesty, I'll need him."

Astrid smiles, "I hope I'll see you again someday, Aurelia."

A message from the author:Another one! Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

Another one! Anyways, hope you all had a good day! Remember to vote and comment! See you all next chapter! (;

- Hannah xoxo

Word count: 614

Date published: August 2nd, 2022