5 || if a tree falls in a forest

Venus, planet of loveWas destroyed by global warmingDid its people want too much, too?Did its people want too much?-Nobody, Mitski

Was destroyed by global warming
Did its people want too much, too?
Did its people want too much?
-Nobody, Mitski

Venus, planet of loveWas destroyed by global warmingDid its people want too much, too?Did its people want too much?-Nobody, Mitski

August 16th, 2012
Stuttgart, Germany

A crowd of people kneel before Loki, heads bowed and hearts pounding. They all kneel, except for one man. The disgraced prince of Asgard raises his scepter to execute him and it glows blue. Before he can kill him, a man in red, white, and blue lands down in front of the man and blocks the blast with his shield. The blast ricochets off the shield and knocks Loki down.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.", Steve walks towards Loki who clambers up from the floor. A woman in all black, with her face covered, Blade, joins the captain's side.

"Oh, I heard about that. Spoiler alert, it didn't end well for the man.", she glares at Loki.

Loki fully stands up, "The Megin, we meet again. And the soldier. A man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time.", Steve says.

Up in the sky, the Quinjet arrives; a machine gun emerges from it, pointing towards Loki.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down.", Nat's voice echoes around the square from the speakers in the jet.

Fast as lightning, Loki sends a blast of blue at the Quinjet. Nat manages to steer them away and dodge it just in time, giving Steve chance to throw his shield at Loki. Steve and Aria run up and start fighting the Asgardian, but he flings Steve to the ground. Aria pulls a knife from her belt and goes to stab Loki in the shoulder, but he steps aside, narrowly missing it. The soldier throws his shield, but Loki knocks it to the ground. He manages to get Steve to the ground, with the scepter pointed to his head. Aria leaps at him, two-foot fly-kicking him over. Loki quickly scrambles up and blasts her, sending her tumbling backward. He runs over to her and holds his scepter to her neck. Cap, who was about to attack, stops, seeing Loki threaten to blast Aria.