4 || the helicarrier

Got a long list of ex-loversThey'll tell you I'm insane'Cause you know I love the playersAnd you love the game-Blank Space, Taylor Swift

They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game
-Blank Space, Taylor Swift

Got a long list of ex-loversThey'll tell you I'm insane'Cause you know I love the playersAnd you love the game-Blank Space, Taylor Swift

August 16th 2012
Somewhere Above The Atlantic Ocean

The next day, Steve and Aria are on the Quinjet, on their way to the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier, along with Coulson and two pilots. Steve and Aria are sat down with a tablet, watching the footage of the Hulk's attack on the Army at Culver University.

"We're about forty minutes out from base, sir.", one of the pilots says.

"He's a lot more... brutal than you.", Aria says, as the Hulk pretty much destroys an entire building.

Coulson stands up from his seat and walks over to Steve, "So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on me?"

"A lot of people were.", Coulson tells him, "You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula."

The Hulk on the video roars as he slams a jeep apart. "Didn't really go his way, did it?", Steve raises an eyebrow.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like a Stephen Hawking.", Coulson says, Steve just looks confused.

"Like Elon Musk but less rich...", she adds, Steve still looks confused.

"He's like a smart person.", Coulson explains, "I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you, officially.", Steve smiles at him politely, "I sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping.", Steve looks down awkwardly and Aria lets out a quiet laugh. Steve stands up, closes his laptop, and walks to the side with Coulson following, "I mean, I was- I was present while you were unconscious from the ice.", Coulson stammers.

Aria walks over and pats Coulson's arm, "He got what you meant."

Coulson nods, "You know, it's really, it's just a- just a huge honour to have you on board."