7 || the big guy

You're the only love I've ever knownBut I hate you, I really hate youSo much I think it must beTrue love, true love-True Love, Pink

But I hate you, I really hate you
So much I think it must be
True love, true love
-True Love, Pink

You're the only love I've ever knownBut I hate you, I really hate youSo much I think it must beTrue love, true love-True Love, Pink

August 16th 2012
S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier

Later that night, Tony and Banner are in the lab, running some tests on the scepter. Bruce scans the scepter with a gamma-ray detector, whilst Tony looks at his monitor.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process.", Bruce says.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops.", Tony suggests, pressing a few buttons on the high-tech monitor he brought.

"All I packed was a toothbrush.", Bruce scoffs.

Tony smiles and walks over to him, "You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land."

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem.", Bruce admits.

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises.", Tony assures him, before pulling out an electric cow prodder and poking Bruce with it.

"Ow!", Bruce yelps, as Tony studies his face closely.

"Hey!", Steve yells, as he storms in with Aria trailing behind him.

"Nothing?", Tony asks, disappointed.

"Are you nuts?", Steve shouts.

Tony glances to him, "Jury's out.", he turns back to Banner, "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"

"Is everything a joke to you?", Steve asks.

Tony points to him with the cow prodder, "Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship, including your daughter, isn't funny.", he turns to Bruce, "No offense, Doctor."

"No, it's alright.", Bruce assures him, "I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things."