Introduction & Main Cast

Fate is a funny, fickle thing that can turn a story on its heels in an instant. In the world of first responders, it happens to send two firehouses, one from Austin and one from Chicago, out to California for a conference, only to divert with Los Angeles' finest to a horrible train derailment.

Three red strings tangle in a knot and lead to a meeting between a Los Angeles daredevil, an Austin danger magnet, and a Chicago badass. That knot leads to a friendship and sibling adoption no one could have ever expected.

Certainly not Captain Owen Strand who, when in the process of establishing a new company at the Austin 126, learns his son TK has two perfect candidates in mind to join them: Los Angeles 118 Firefighter Evan Buckley and Chicago 51 Paramedic Sylvie Brett.

***

Main Cast

Rob Lowe as Captain Owen Strand

"I know how to build teams, and I know how to do my best to make them a family, but my first priority is always my own family, and that included the two of you the moment TK never shut up about you."

"Headin' into twilight, spreadin' out her wings tonight

"Headin' into twilight, spreadin' out her wings tonight."

Ronen Rubinstein as Firefighter TK Strand

"I'm an opioid addict who had an overdose at the start of the year, and I got shot by a kid on the job. I'm pretty sure that makes me a disaster, too."

"Revvin' up your engine, listen to her howlin' roar

"Revvin' up your engine, listen to her howlin' roar."

Oliver Stark as Firefighter Evan Buckley

"I told Maddie once that between her and danger is exactly where I want to stand. That's exactly where I want to stand here."