Chapter Fifty-Four

So I have to preface this with, since L&O's "Camouflage" was last night, if any of you want any explanation as to why Nolan Price is my favorite character, WATCH THAT EPISODE. Seriously, at some point Hugh Dancy needs an Emmy for one of Nolan's closing arguments. This episode was a work of art. And angsty as hell . . . which probably explains why this turned out as angsty as it did, since I wrote the ending during the L&Os.

Christopher has the only brain cell, Maddie introduces her girlfriend to the 118 fam, Hen meets doctors worth their coats, unstoppable forces meet an immovable object (guess who's who when you get there XD), and just when the calm settles, the storm hits, and it hits hard.

Here comes the conclusion of "Suspicion!" I won't tell you to enjoy, because . . . well. We all know how it originally ended. Let's just say I do what I do best: I Moffat-ed it.

***

"Good morning, Captain! Good morning, Lieutenant!"

Kelly looked up from his coffee to see Christopher with bright eyes and a wide smile as he carefully made his way over, supervised by Eddie, Buck over at the breakfast nook to get their drinks. "Morning, Christopher," he smiled at the boy.

"You're out of here early," Matt noted, checking his watch.

"Hen had something come up this afternoon, so instead of a barbecue, Bobby's making a breakfast buffet," Eddie explained. "We're heading over early."

"Makes sense," Peter nodded, taking a sip of his coffee. "And the good news is people on your side outnumber those who probably aren't."

"Also known as the firefighter paramedic who often puts his foot in his mouth," Matt muttered.

Eddie snorted. "You sound like you take this more personally than Buck nowadays."

Kelly smirked. "He didn't represent the 118 well in San Angelo."

"No, he didn't," Buck agreed as he joined them, holding out a coffee for Eddie. "And I really wonder how he'll react when Maddie brings her plus-one."

"Nancy?" Matt guessed.

"Nancy," Buck confirmed.

Kelly snickered. "Take a video of his reaction when he sees them together?"

"No, no, no," Matt shook his head. "Take a video when she punches him in the face."

"May would do it," Christopher told Buck seriously.

"I bet she would, Superman," Buck patted his head.

Footsteps caught their attention, then Marjan appeared at Buck and Eddie's shoulders, her dark eyes worried. "Has anyone seen Sylvie?" she asked.

"No, not yet," Peter checked his watch. "Why?"

"Because she didn't come back to our room last night," Marjan answered, making Matt's eyes widen.

"Maybe you were asleep when she came in and when she left?" Buck suggested.

"No," Marjan shook her head. "Her bed wasn't slept in, I could tell."

"We arrived at the same time last night!" Eddie shook his head in bewilderment. "She's here somewhere!"

"Who's here somewhere?"

Kelly started when he heard Nolan's voice, and everyone looked up to see the Executive ADA step up by Peter, coffee in hand, a vanilla folder in the other. "Uh," Marjan's eyes flitted between the prosecutor and Eddie. "My roommate."