~Travel,Might Try It One Day~

Author POV

Valerie was never one to talk, talking is overrated. Actions speak louder than words. In all of her Twenty Years of life shes never spoke a word. A stern face, silent Company, she wouldn't dance either and if she were to be at a party...she'd simply stand there but that's expected of a wallflower. She nodded,shook her head, she knew sign language too.

Val, Erie, Valer, V, Vague.

Val Comes from a family of Old Money and New Money In Dallas. Her family consists of her parents and their parents with her 13 Brother and 11 Sisters along with her aunts and uncles with her cousins. From both sides of the family merged together into one big mansion if anyone were to come to their house they would see that their Home was always under construction, building new Parts of the house constantly being created. The family was huge, no wonder the house kept building up. It was more like a castle than a mansion. It first started out as a small cottage house but that was in 1734, now it's 1927.

Valerie was always at home and if not home then the city or on a walk around the house mostly. The standard of short hair spreaded of course. Flappers Trend really made Valerie stand out. Her hair long down to her waist and natural loose curls, her natural beauty was enough to make men fall for her. she was always one to sit and read,Pride and Prejudice was her favorite, she had read it over 16 times. playing some music in the background while sitting under the gazebo as her brothers played golf and other games and her sisters gossiping about the recent news papers and new outfits and trends.

Of course her family would travel around the world. Artifacts and New inventions and discoveries were always a thrill for Valerie. The day she turned 18 was a signal That she could travel wherever she wanted by herself in peaceful Quiet. She ventured to England And Bought some Land there and built an estate.

By 19 she was already traveling to a place she's never been before, New Orleans. There she would find Mardi Gras a spectacular event that she deeply enjoyed. She didn't participate just watched from her tower window and painted the beauty she saw.

That Was Valerie...but how did she get to hell if she had done nothing out of line in her life?
Well that's the story we will tell.
—————/——————————\———————

Valerie POV

Currently, I'm painting my mother. I've memorized every facial feature of hers. I know her like the back of my hand, It's like a bond we share to the point that I don't even need to speak to communicate. She'd talk and I'd listen, she'd ask me and answer herself with my exact want or answer with me nodding along.

I've been in New Orleans for about 5 days now. Tonight I'd like to go out, some fine wine sounds great. I stood up from my chair and walked away from the art room. I went up to my closet and changed into my casual daily outfit. To others it would be very formal to wear an outfit like this.

 To others it would be very formal to wear an outfit like this

I grabbed my Bag and Left off to a bar and Diner

I grabbed my Bag and Left off to a bar and Diner. On my walk there I saw A few people with animals. An animal...as a pet...I think I would like one. I'll look into it after the diner. The diner came into view and before I could open the door for myself, a Man who looked no older than 24 held the door for me instead. I nodded at him and walked in then sat down in one the bar seats. I took my notepad out and wrote down that i wanted The best wine they had and showed it to the bartender. "I'll go see if we have any more in the back" he said with a gruff voice.

I nodded and waited patiently. "Hello, I'd like whiskey without ice." The Man who held the door for me said to one of the other bartenders and sat on the seat next to me. "Well hello there,How are you this evening?" He asked folding his hands and leaning on the counter. I looked over at him and back down to my note pad and Started Writing. 'Hello, My Evening has been very nice so far. My name is Valerie. What is yours?' I wrote and showed it to him. He read it and looked back up, "I'm sorry but are you deaf? You can read lips?" He questioned. I shook my head and started writing again.

'I'm Mute, I can't talk. I can hear just fine.' I wrote and watched him read it. "Oh alright I understand now, My name is Alastor." He said and picked up my hand and gently placed a kiss on the back of my hand. I nodded and heard a voice clearing. I turned my head and saw the bartender with a bottle of wine and a glass on the counter. I tipped my head down as a thank you and held the glass for him to pour it.

"Ah Hey there husker" alastor greeted the bartender and took a sip of his whiskey. "I didn't think I'd see you here today, thought you had a big event for your radio show Eh?" Husk grumbled and cleaned some glasses off with a cloth. "No no, that's tomorrow but thank you for worrying enough to remember what I said" alastor said smiling widely. "Oh husker, this is Valerie. She's mute so don't expect her to talk back" alastor said including me into the conversation. I nodded and held my hand out to shake his hand. We shook hands and they talked while I answered by writing.

I looked around the bar to see it was mostly empty with just three people sitting at a table talking amongst themselves. I looked at my watch on my wrist and saw it was about 10:13 at night. I looked at alastor and saw he was looking at me. 'I'm sorry to say but I think it's time for me to head back home, it's late but I've had a very good time today with both of you' I wrote down and showed husk and Alastor. "Oh no worries, we get it" husk said getting up from leaning over the counter. "How about I walk you home Valerie? It's dangerous at night" alastor offered.

I looked down and pondered on wether I should let him walk me home or not. I don't want to be a drag but he is right, it's dangerous at night. I looked back up at him and nodded. He smiled even wider if that's even possible. "Well goodnight husker, I'll see you In a few days" alastor said to husk and held his arm out for me to take. I did and waved bye to husk. Husk waved back Tiredly and Lit a cigarette.

"Well,Lead The Way Darling" Alastor Said With a Warm Polite Smile.