~I Must Be Lucky~

Valerie POV

I stood in front of the full body mirror next to the door and looked at my watch, it's 12:59. He might take a few extra minutes or so, I don't expect him to be here at exactly 1:00- a knock came from the door. I looked at my watch and saw it had just turned 1:00. I sighed through my nose and opened the door. Alastor had a Red and White bouquet of roses, "You Look Absolutely Breath Taking Darling, I do hope you like roses." He said smiling. I was shocked, I never had someone other than my father,uncle, cousins, and brothers give me flowers.

This was different, Alastor is A man who isn't of my blood...he gives them to me either for friendship or A Relationship? My romance books have taught me so I'm an expert (eXpErT) at these things! I should know.

I nodded eagerly and held them in my hands and let him into my house. I turned to Enira and signed, 'please bring a vase with water'. She left to go and retrieve what I asked for. I Lightly smiled at the flowers in my hands with a sparkle in my eyes. "You must like them a lot to look at them like that. What id give to be those flowers right now" he said smiling widely at my happiness. I looked at him with wide eyes and a small parting of my lips as if I was going to say something until Enira came in, "here You go Val, let me do it" she said taking the flowers and putting them in the vase. I pointed up and she nodded and started taking them up to my room.

"If I knew you'd be that happy with flowers I would've bought so many more, which kind of flowers do you like most?" He asked curiously. I was about to sign but Exhaled remembering he can't understand sign language. I went into the living room and picked up an unused notepad. I came back to alastor and wrote down which flowers I liked.

'Roses,Dandelions,Marigolds,Lilys, and dahlias.' I showed it to him and he nodded as he read. "Thank you for telling, I wouldn't have thought you were such a flower person." He said looking into my eyes. I think it was because of how It's not everyday I meet a new person that I grabbed his hand and led him to my living room. I picked up sense and sensibility and showed it to him, he held the book and opened it to skim through. "You just put me onto a new book, I only read Pride and prejudice from Jane Austen." He said smiling. I pointed to myself and made a heart and picked up pride and prejudice off the shelf. "You do? We have many things in common dearie. How about we go to the bookstore after the show?" Alastor asked holding my hand.

I looked up at him and nodded quickly. We left my house and began walking to his. "May I ask, do you live alone or?" He asked. I nodded and started writing, 'this is just a vacation House or temporary Living space, all of my family lives in a mansion in Dallas. Currently, I'm traveling by myself for the first time since I just turned 18 four months ago' I showed him the notepad and he smiled. "Mansion? How big is your family?" He asked chuckling. 'Over 10 siblings, over 10 cousins, aunts and uncles, my grandparents and my parents. The house is always under construction since everyone is getting married and having children. It's gotten much bigger than a mansion in the past 50 years' I wrote and showed him.

"I'd love to see your family and roots, it's not everyday that you hear something like that" he smiled. "And here we are! Watch your step dear" he said holding my hand up the stairs to his front door. His house was pretty big with a good size amount of land around it. He got out his keys and opened the door and led me inside. I looked around and saw how The House was decorated with the color patterns Dark Red,Black,and light red with a few hints of white colored items around the house to even out the colors. He Watched me intently and waited for my reaction.

I walked up to a huge painting of a Beautiful Black Woman. "That's My Mother, she passed away a few years ago. I still talk to her Even though she can't respond back to me" he said looking down to the floor and smiling weakly. My heart dropped to see his smile fade, I wanted to make him happy. I hugged him and felt a few tears Pushing through. He felt like he was shocked at first but soon began hugging me back and rubbing the back of my head and playing with my hair. "It's fine Val, In life you have to lose to love and cherish as a cycle until the day you go too" he said Sighing.

'I don't like it when you're sad,it hurts' I wrote and showed him. His eyes widened at me and soon his smile was back in place. He held my hand in his and used his other to rub the back of mine, "As long as You're happy, I'm Happy" alastor reassured me. I nodded and looked up at him. "Looks about time to go and start the show!" He said leading me to an office. It was neat and had a bunch of bookshelves. His desk was on a higher level of the room. He walked up the stairs and set up his equipment. "You can read and listen, I can cook you something after the Show Dear." He said sitting down in his chair.

I looked up and nodded

I looked up and nodded. I walked around the book shelves and felt alastors gaze on me the whole time he was talking. "And Next We have The AxeMan Killer, he strikes yet another innocent citizen right here in New Orleans. My condolences to the family, please be careful when you're outside alone. You never know what might happen" alastor Announced, I smiled as I read the book I picked out from alastors collection and ate some of the treats he got me when he went on break from the show. "Until next Wednesday My friends, May you have a good day" he said turning off the microphone.

"Dear Valerie, How are you? Comfortable? I hope so, if you need something don't hesitate to tell me." He said said Leaning onto the railing and looking down at me, I sat on a single couch and looked up at him. His tie was loose around his neck and the buttons on his shirt was slightly open. I Pointed to myself and made an Okay Sign with my index finger and my thumb. He checked the clock and Realized it was after dinner time. I didn't notice myself. He came down the spiral stairs and stood next to the chair I was in. "How about...some jambalaya? My Mothers recipe" he beckoned as he walked out the study.

He Knows I'm Fat...