•Valerie Winehouse•

Valerie Pov

Everyone left us to talk in the garden.

"I sometimes wonder, what was I thinking?", he asked. I looked at him. "What you were always thinking, Whiskey", my staff said.

"Whiskey, my dear. You are always correct, keeping me in check", Alastor rhymed and chuckled softly. "Used To.", I signed to him. He made a silent 'ah' as if to be reminded. "Used to...I remember the used to's. Do you still read pride and prejudice?", he asked. I nodded. "The only thing that has changed about you is your slight appearance, Darling", he said. 'You didn't want me down here', I signed.

"Of course not. That's why I went bonkers when you killed that man the first time", he responded. "I tried my hardest to not go down the same path but you followed me for what? Ah, Love", he said. 'Love is an understatement', I signed. "Was", he corrected and looked down to his lap.

I rested my hand atop of his to catch his attention. 'I have loved you once, that's all you need for me to love you till the end of time. I cannot go on forgetting about what you did but that doesn't change the fact that you are indeed my husband and father of my children', I signed.

"I've always loved you, since the day I set my eyes on you at huskers bar", he said. I gave him a closed smile. 'I've heard about you and rosie', I signed.

"Twas a one time thing. It doesn't feel right, it never feels right if not with you", he said. "Yet I don't crave anything unless you Make me", he said narrowing his eyes and looking at me through his lashes. I blushed and looked away. 'I will not be seduced', I signed.

"Seduced? Valerie, I don't seduce. I capture", he hummed. 'Don't be so eager, you have a mission and that's to gain my trust back', I signed. He nodded. "You are right my lovely Val, I will gain your trust. I promise sweetheart", he said and stood up then helped me up.

I shifted my hat lower to cover my eyes and only to reveal my black covered lips. Amatory held his arm up for me to hold onto, so I did. "Will you take this curse off?", he asked. I looked around, "not until I forgive you fully.", my staff spoke. He sighed, what he was feeling was immense sadness. I share the same exact emotion, he can feel my emotions actually.

"V!" Husk said and held up a glass of whiskey. I nodded and took it. "None for me?", Alastor asked. "Absolutely not", minnow said crossing her arms. Her silhouette turning into an almost see through grey.

My hand became a shadow and I so I placed it on her shoulder for her to calm down. I nodded and took my hand away from her, becoming physical again.

Husk,Alastor,minnow and I were the only ones at the bar until the spider came in along with Charlie and vaggie.

"Y-you guys made up?", Charlie asked. Alastor looked away from me. He didn't want to assume anything since I could turn him a blind eye like I have for the years we've been in hell together. That's what I hated. I come down and he's standing right next to me fresh into hell, I could never get away from him. Then as if he could apologize like that, he started knocking all the previous overlords off the line and left me to rise up so I did. I don't owe him anything. He got himself where he is and I did too.

I didn't ask him to kill anyone. I started after him though, I thought why not? I was a serial killer before so I'll keep going in death. All my family members went up to the spirit in the sky. Except for the relative we all avoided talking about.

"Sir pentious",he calls himself now. My great grandfather... Alastor hates him. He tries so hard to be "it", if you get what im saying.

"Your imbecile of a grandfather Tried attacking me the other day. Once again", Alastor brooded. "As he should", minnow said. I lifted my hand to shush her.

"to show his determination to his granddaughter", husk Mumbled. "I don't even know him that well", my staff spoke. "We just talk to each other about weapons and how to use them", my staff spoke again.

"Well, he swears you're both close.", Alastor said. "What? Are you upset?", my staff asked. "Very, he doesn't know you like I do", Alastor responded, "he doesn't know your favorite food-", he stopped mid sentence and ran off down the hall. I looked to everyone in the room. They all looked at each other and shrugged. I sat still and sighed inaudibly.

"More whiskey?", husk Asked holding up the bottle over my empty glass. I nodded and stood up with the glass in my hand to see what Alastor was doing.

Sounds of Pans and Utensils were filling the hotel kitchen. Alastor coat off of him and his shirt rolled up his arms slightly. His arms working with him to prepare a dish. He set down a bowl, a fork, a spoon, and a knife along with a napkin.

He took the pan and topped it off into the bowl. He smiled wider than he already was and waved for me to sit. I did so, I looked down at the bowl.

Jambalaya?!

I instantly began eating. My hands wrapping around the bowl. I haven't seen or heard or even thought about jambalaya since the day I died. It tasted as wonderful as ever. Like Al the other times he had made it for me.

I stopped eating and slowly looked up to Alastor to see his smile not so wide or big but a comfortable one with loving rested eyes. Like when we were alive. I looked back down at the bowl, it was empty. Jambalaya never lasts. "I'll make an extra for you", he said turning his back to me to cook.

I slumped down onto the marble counter. "Why are you doing this?" I asked, my voice raspy. "I hope to hear you beautiful voice more clearer in the future my love, I'm doing this because it's something i should've been doing even after the end of our old days. Sadly, we didn't get to those ages yet. We were cut short", he said and sighed. "So here I am, making up for lost care and time that I should've given you. This is something you deserve, yes we don't need food but it's nice to taste and remember", he said putting the jambalaya in a bowl.

Put it in front of me. I touched it and sent it to my home, on the stove of course.

"I didn't expect you to let me into your home, worry not Valerie", he said and smiled a closed smile. He grabbed his coat and his staff and left out the kitchen. Devil, why does he do this? I just need to make sure he's trustworthy...

Surely, he's still the same Alastor I met at the bar down in New Orleans.