The chase

Alastor pov

The cop sirens wailed closed and closer. I regret everything, I've sent in my right mind at the moment. I slipped and let myself go.

I stood up and began running when I saw the lights of red and blue. I heard the officers release the dogs. Ugh I hate dogs, I saw our cat in the window of the house sitting calmly and blinking slowly. She knows what I did...

I ran and ran until one dog bit my ankle and caused me to fall. I gripped a log and stood up to run but another grabbed my arm. I yelled and tried to push them off. I broke one's neck but soon two more came and started tearing me apart. It was painful, I deserve it. I killed my kids, caused my wife's suicide... I'm the worst, I've killed many more before too...

I closed my eyes and let my fate take its course.

<———————————>
Valerie POV

I buttoned my dress up and slid my red and black gloves on. My red and black hat sat on top of my head covering most of my face. I went to the front door and grabbed my staff. An evening Lace Umbrella. I reached for the door knob but stopped as I looked at the picture on the small table. I kissed my fingers and pressed them on the picture of my two Babies. "May they Rest In Peace...", I whispered and sent my prayer. Though I bet god wasn't even listening, as if he listens to sinners.

Explosions were heard in the distance, addicts running down the streets and gangsters shooting and speeding past.

I enjoyed my early strolls but today Lucifer called upon us overlords for the first time. Sad actually, I didn't want to involve myself. I knew exactly who was under my rank. Too well, I know of him.

I scoffed at the thought and my hair grew longer from the anger. I started controlling my breaths and repeating, 'it's okay' to myself.

Losing a child...two at that, is something a mother can never let go. It eats me up every day, every hour, every minute, and every second. My sweet babies...

Black tears started flowing down my face. I've never talked since that day, I don't deserve the luxury. Everyone on the streets avoided my path...except my dear friend, the shadows.

"Have you heard of that new song? It's goes like...Creole lady...", my shadow tried to remember, "yes I've listened to lady Marmalade", I said nodding. "We watched it, I'm pretty sure someone named pink and Christina were also featured, not sure", I said. "We come from New Orleans too!", shadow, who I call Minnow, exclaimed. She was somewhat innocent, a past self.

No don't get confused. I communicate but not verbally, minnow talks for me and reads my mind of
Course. One of my many powers. "Yes but we do not work in the industry", I defended. My lips covered with permanent black lipstick and my pearly white teeth showing through a silent chuckle.

"What industry?", minnow asked. "That French part, Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?, that means, do you want to sleep with me?", I explained. She covered her mouth and shook her head. "And all this time you've let me say it to people?", she asked shocked.

"You should start studying other languages.", I told her. "Yea and you should start using those languages verbally, you don't even talk to your clients", she said. I nodded. "And why should I? Humans, all they want is sex that gives temporary happiness , money that they can lose in an instant, immortality that is overrated. I'm dead but I'm immortal", I told her and gave her a stern look. "Open up your eyes Minnow, you shouldn't put your faith and hope in others", I said and continued my peaceful walk.

She stayed quiet but looked back up at me. "Would you have told your children the same thing if they were here?", she asked quietly. "I wouldn't have to, I wouldn't have been betrayed. I pray they never come here", I said and kept my head high.

"Fetch the others, minnow, Tell them to leave their post. I'll have my eyes on him personally", I ordered and stood in front of the Morningstar Castle. "Yes, Madam Beldam", minnow said and disappeared into thin air.

"And So We Meet Again" •