7- the brando brothers

(tw! mentions of self harm, mentions of abuse)

the day came and went, and soon enough, school was done. the janitors did their rounds of mopping and picking up trash, rummaging through desks and scooping out crumbled papers and wrappers of every kind.

at the moment, you were lounging around in weathers office, messing with the poor counselor who only wanted to finish todays work so he could go home.

"please, for the love of god, go bother someone else." he groaned, throwing his hands to his face in annoyance.

laughing, you tossed another paper airplane at his face with a grin, growing amused when he swatted it away with a scowl. "no way! everyone else is so boring!"

"well that's too bad, isn't it?"

"you're no fun!"

"i just want to do my work, you can annoy me later."

"aww, really?" you batted your eyes innocently, as if you weren't just harassing the shit out of him. "you promise~?"

"if you dont get out im calling melone to come get you."

"fine! jesus christ, im going, im going!" you scoffed, jumping out of your seat and stomping towards the door. "i will be back, though, and im dragging you somewhere fun!"

"im sure you will.." he mumbled, flipping through random papers mindlessly.

he's such a boring person, you thought to yourself, always has his nose buried in work. mumbling to yourself in an irritated manner, you dragged yourself back to your classroom and swung open your door lazily, yawning as you stumbled to your desk and slouched on the chair.

all was peaceful, and quiet, and calm. your body melted into the relaxing atmosphere of your class, and soon enough, you began to doze off-- all before being interrupted by the clicking of your doorknob.

in diego peeked, slowly creeping into the classroom and blissfully unaware of your presence, his backpack and jacket clutched in his arms tightly. he looked panicked, even a bit frightful, but all the while remained quiet.

"hey, what are you doin' here, squirt? shouldn't you be home by now?" you hummed, confused.

diego practically jumped out of his skin, a squeak of surprise tearing through his throat when he finally noticed you sitting in your office chair, staring into him curiously. "m-miss (y/n)! i di-didn't know you were here!"

"why shouldn't i be here?"

"we-well, you usually aren't in your class around this time, and i..." he paused, turning around and mumbling something to someone behind him. "...sorry, i've got to go"

you snapped your fingers, gaining his attention as he attempted to scoot out of your classroom casually. "where do you think you're going? have i dismissed you yet?"

"no, ma'am."

"then get back in here, and bring whoever's with you inside as well."

almost trembling, diego shuffled inside the classroom quickly and stood in front of your desk, dio revealing himself from behind the door and following right behind him. with a sigh, you crossed your legs and scooted forward in your chair, leaning onto your desk with an obviously concerned, yet serious expression.

"diego, would you mind showing me your arms?" you huffed, making a beckoning motion with your hand. 

"no, miss, i-i really dont want to do that-"

"diego, it's just us in here. you're fine." no amount of reassurance seemed to calm him down. if anything, he only grew more anxious.

with tears growing in his eyes, diego shook his head and took a step away from the desk, hugging himself tightly as small whimpers managed to bite at his lips.